1992 FA Cup Final - SAFC fans singing You’ll Never Walk Alone

safccfas

Winger
Did this happen? I was only a bairn and I seem to recall us joining in towards the end of the game and getting a round of applause from Liverpool fans. Did this happen or have I imagined it?
Just reminded me this morning as I was listening to TalkSPORT who were talking about past FA Cup finals as it’s supposed to be the FA Cup final this weekend.

It was also sang in the semi final against Norwich as well. But as other poster said, it was sang by most clubs.

Now just sang by Liverpool, Celtic and Feyenoord as far as I'm aware.

One of my funniest memories surprisingly - I was on the tube after the game on my way back to where the car was parked, and on the opposite side of the aisle in the carriage were two Sunderland fans and two Liverpool fans:

Sunderland fan: 'I'm surprised Mark Walters wasn't playing today for you lot mind'

Liverpool fan: 'Mark Walters? MARK WALTERS??!! He didn't play cos he's crap that's why'.

Despite the result, the performance and Byrne's missed sitter at 0-0 it made me chuckle. Still does.

One of my funniest memories surprisingly - I was on the tube after the game on my way back to where the car was parked, and on the opposite side of the aisle in the carriage were two Sunderland fans and two Liverpool fans:

Sunderland fan: 'I'm surprised Mark Walters wasn't playing today for you lot mind'

Liverpool fan: 'Mark Walters? MARK WALTERS??!! He didn't play cos he's crap that's why'.

Despite the result, the performance and Byrne's missed sitter at 0-0 it made me chuckle. Still does.

really, you should try getting out a bit more mate

Did this happen? I was only a bairn and I seem to recall us joining in towards the end of the game and getting a round of applause from Liverpool fans. Did this happen or have I imagined it?
Just reminded me this morning as I was listening to TalkSPORT who were talking about past FA Cup finals as it’s supposed to be the FA Cup final this weekend.
Think it was "you'll never work again" mate

:confused: Did you edit out the funny bit ?

So that's YNWA and the poznan. Plus we bent over for John Terry.

Just need "glory glory man united", "oh when the spurs go marching in" and "1-0 to the arsenal" for the top 6 bingo.

Embarrassing man.

maybe that’s what I’m thinking of. I was only about 8 or 9 or something at the time and I remember feeling quite emotional about it even at that age.

I was similar age too and remember same , my dad took red and white flowers down with us expecting there would be a place to put them , loads of other Sunderland and Norwich fans did same but there was nothing at all, one bloke had a huge red and white wreath walking around just ended up putting them against wall next to the leppeds lane end

So that's YNWA and the poznan. Plus we bent over for John Terry.

Just need "glory glory man united", "oh when the spurs go marching in" and "1-0 to the arsenal" for the top 6 bingo.

Embarrassing man.
You’re proper strange you. I’ve noticed you a few times doing this. But this time you’ve decided on other things people could potentially do so you can decide it’s embarrassing. I know people get accused of being a Mag a lot on here, but it’d be the only explanation for your weird behaviour

It was sang by both sets off Fans vs Norwich before the start , as it was the first Semi final played there since the Hillsborough disaster

Can you imagine what the media would have made of that gesture today?
I can’t recall singing it at all mind but how come we were standing? You’d have thought Hillsborough would have been all seated before they got another semi final , strange days .

Was the “easy one for Norman” cup game after the disaster ? We were in the Leppings Lane end for that one.

Did you not see the thread and link for the final on iPlayer yesterday? We were singing it loud and clear!

Back