1970s Japanese motorbikes

Dad used to have a suzuki gt500 when I was a kid done out cafe racer style was lovely. Also picked up a crash damaged gpz 600 turbo from Westgate Road and rebuilt it. Had alsorts in his garage when I was a kid. Laverda 3 pot (can't remember model), Hatrley some kawasaki Dakar style bike. Amongst others. Used to get the garage broken into once a year atleast in the early 90s
Pretty sure they only made a 750 turbo. Laverda jota? Orange?

Last edited:

Dad used to have a suzuki gt500 when I was a kid done out cafe racer style was lovely. Also picked up a crash damaged gpz 600 turbo from Westgate Road and rebuilt it. Had alsorts in his garage when I was a kid. Laverda 3 pot (can't remember model), Hatrley some kawasaki Dakar style bike. Amongst others. Used to get the garage broken into once a year atleast in the early 90s

m&s up westgate road have some great old laverda's. ducati's as well. sackless prices but they are great old classics if sorted. proper bikes and sound class.

m&s up westgate road have some great old laverda's. ducati's as well. sackless prices but they are great old classics if sorted. proper bikes and sound class.
I remember when m&s were in the arches, then all of a sudden they were on the hill with a Ducati dealership. Bought a used zxr750h1 off them 91'

I remember when m&s were in the arches, then all of a sudden they were on the hill with a Ducati dealership. Bought a used zxr750h1 off them 91'
aye, i remember them there. one of the breakers up the hill could have your bike in their shop and stripped down in a crack.
still go up every now and then but it's a shadow of it's former self. we'd often go up for a mooch, have a gallon in the broken doll and ride home :eek: :oops:

Last edited:
aye, i remember them there. one of the breakers up the hill could have your bike in their shop and stripped down in a crack.
still go up every now and then but it's a shadow of it's former self. we'd often go up for a mooch, have a gallon in the broken doll and ride home :eek: :oops:
Was down last year and went for a rake and a bite to eat. Sunny day but not many people about.

Back