1970s Japanese motorbikes

used to ride Suzuki's....first one was a GT185... then had a GT550...then a kettle GT750.. that waas my last sports bike..

move on numerous years ( married...kid's...house etc etc ) got my first Harley 16 years ago

now had 10 Harley's in those 16 years

have you seen the price's of Kettles (GT 750'S) are going for now on E-bay

used to ride Suzuki's....first one was a GT185... then had a GT550...then a kettle GT750.. that waas my last sports bike..

move on numerous years ( married...kid's...house etc etc ) got my first Harley 16 years ago

now had 10 Harley's in those 16 years

have you seen the price's of Kettles (GT 750'S) are going for now on E-bay

I've been looking for a decent 70's bike for a while, all decent ones are an absolute fortune.

I want a Honda CB250G5, it was my first bike but today the going price for road worthy one is about £3,000, far too much for a bike that would struggle to keep up with todays traffic.

I've been looking for a decent 70's bike for a while, all decent ones are an absolute fortune.
As much as I loved them back in the day I think they would be hard work riding them today .Brakes ,skinny tyres etc ,plus i'm 6 foot .My old 1980 bmw is canny to ride as long as you plan ahead !
You been to Cravens down York ?

As much as I loved them back in the day I think they would be hard work riding them today .Brakes ,skinny tyres etc ,plus i'm 6 foot .My old 1980 bmw is canny to ride as long as you plan ahead !
You been to Cravens down York ?

Nope but been meaning to drop in. We're going down to York at easter in the campervan so I might give it a go when we're passing.

I want a Honda CB250G5, it was my first bike but today the going price for road worthy one is about £3,000, far too much for a bike that would struggle to keep up with todays traffic.

I wouldn't mind having a Suzuki AP50 which was my first bike. I then got a Yam DT125 (had the full powervalve which made it illegal, but quick).

I wouldn't mind having a Suzuki AP50 which was my first bike. I then got a Yam DT125 (had the full powervalve which made it illegal, but quick).
First got into bikes after being on the back of my uncles Bonneville in the mid 80s. Had many since, a few DT125R's in my teens, loved them, still do. Have you seen how much a good one goes for now. Almost the cost when new. Many road bikes since currently have a 2006 R1 but fancy a CB1000R for the summer as my back cannot take the superbike position anymore.
Watch this space. . shaft drive Suzuki project bike should be delivered in March.
I wouldnt mind another project, i can fix most stuff mechanically so no worries there. Always on the lookout.

Last edited:
First got into bikes after being on the back of my uncles Bonneville in the mid 80s. Had many since, a few DT125R's in my teens, loved them, still do. Have you seen how much a good one goes for now. Almost the cost when new. Many road bikes since currently have a 2006 R1 but fancy a CB1000R for the summer as my back cannot take the superbike position anymore.

I wouldnt mind another project, i can fix most stuff mechanically so no worries there. Always on the lookout.
In two minds: bobber with peanut tank or just a restoration. Fenland Choppers can do a frame as a starting point. I am thinking massive front from a YZF. Options galore.

Back