1917 - new war film

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
They’d have to rebuild it first
Its possible and its got the best name for a pub in the north east.
AKA the titty twister
We could have a sign on the door that says all weapons must be handed in at reception before entering the establishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think the "world" bit refers to the significance of the nations participating, rather than the geographical spread of conflict.
Yeah, i know that. But your average Joe probably doesn’t, especially the younger generation. I spent 10 minutes explaining WWII to a lad at work in his 30s the other day. He didn’t have the slightest idea about it, apart from fighting the Nazis in Europe bit

Yeah, i know that. But your average Joe probably doesn’t, especially the younger generation. I spent 10 minutes explaining WWII to a lad at work in his 30s the other day. He didn’t have the slightest idea about it, apart from fighting the Nazis in Europe bit
You are in the running for a placement as doorman for the Bat Cave in Easington lane marra. If anyone kicks off you could explain the tribulations of war to them.

Saw something about this where they filmed it as one long scene where the camera follows the 2 soldiers constantly, looks amazing lots of work put into it should be really good cant wait to see it

Its possible and its got the best name for a pub in the north east.
AKA the titty twister
We could have a sign on the door that says all weapons must be handed in at reception before entering the establishment.
Where the Bat Cave used to be.

When he said they would have to rebuild it ...

You'll have to replace " dot " with a . as the board stripped the original link

Last edited:
What’s amazing is how few people actually know the logistics of “World” War 1, as in the minute area the majority of it took place in.
Maybe on the western front, I agree.

The eastern front and war in the Middle East was more expansive. Plus conflict in Africa and other colonies.

It was all a bit shite knowing how many from both sides had been killed, from the memorial you can see the church in Ypres across the fields and it all seems a massive waste.
Grass on the fields in 1917?

Last edited:
Isn't it a film done in "one take" i.e. it's continuous?

Birdman was like that and I thought it was a very clever film. Really enjoyed it. The trailer for this looks very good. One of the young lad's was in "Sunshine on Leith"
If you like a feelgood film featuring the music of The Proclaimers, then that's the one for you

Agreed. WW1 has been overlooked compared to WW2 films. All Quiet on The Western Front and Price of Glory being excellent notable excellent notable exceptions
Paths of Glory I'm sure you mean?

While the number of WW1 movies compated to 2 is tiny there are a few other good ones - Gallipoli, The Water diviner (post WW1 really) and Beneath Hill 60 are three good Aussie ones. And not to forget Lawrence of Arabia.

Saving Private Ryan

Enemy at the Gates

Inglorious Basterds

Fury

Those are the most notable movies on war that spring to mind, all brilliant films.

Isn't it a film done in "one take" i.e. it's continuous?

Birdman was like that and I thought it was a very clever film. Really enjoyed it. The trailer for this looks very good. One of the young lad's was in "Sunshine on Leith"
If you like a feelgood film featuring the music of The Proclaimers, then that's the one for you

Really looking forward to this if it is. Another great continuous shot film is Victoria.

I enjoyed the remake of Journey's End from a few year ago.

Back