1917 - new war film

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 40035

Storyline
Schofield and Blake, two young British soldiers during the First World War, are given a seemingly impossible mission. With time against them, they must deliver a message, deep in enemy territory, that will stop their own men, and Blake's own brother, walking straight into a deadly trap.

Release Date:
10 January 2020 (UK)

Director:
Sam Mendes

Looks canny.

About time WW1 film was made with a decent budget. Better not be shit!
The budget doesn't look that big going from the trailer but all the same the story is great and it looks worth waiting for.

Ta, in May we went to tyne cot to pay our respects. It was utterly depressing to think of so many people being killed over a short stretch of fields.
Its great that you honour his memory. I'm sure that must have been an emotional experience for you marra.

Ta, in May we went to tyne cot to pay our respects. It was utterly depressing to think of so many people being killed over a short stretch of fields.

I want to go and see my great grandads name at the menin gate. He was gassed in in 1916. They never found a body.

My dad won't go though. Says he never knew him.

Think I just need to bite the bullet and pay for us both go.....

edit your post to get rid of the meme, you have 5 minutes
@The warthog
If he fails I'm done for... probably only 2 mins left to edit his post...
Hope this isn’t serious like as the fella on the bike looks a bit like a nazi
Brilliant marra I'll buy you a pint. Your digital skills are exceptional mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to go and see my great grandads name at the menin gate. He was gassed in in 1916. They never found a body.

My dad won't go though. Says he never knew him.

Think I just need to bite the bullet and pay for us both go.....
It is worth doing mate, we stayed in Ghent after tyne cot and continued to the Netherlands the day afterwards.

Last edited:
I was told some stories by my granddad about my ancestors during the war, my granddad showed me the monument in Easington Lane as my Great grandfathers name is etched into it. As I have ancestors from Easington Lane doesn't that make me hard as fuck?
He also taught me to salute every time I pass the grave yard in Sunderland and I always have.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a blur.

Outside of the cemetery gates. On a dirt track.

I heard a whistle through his teeth.

I leapt into the safety of the ditch, leaving my family in No Man’s Land.

To think that people made the ultimate sacrifice in Belgium and I was treated like a leper near Ieper.
You could have been wiped out at wipers

Film looks canny
I was told some stories by my granddad about my ancestors during the war, my granddad showed me the monument in Easington Lane as my Great grandfathers name is etched into it. As I have ancestors from Easington Lane doesn't that make me hard as fuck?
He also taught me to salute every time I pass the grave yard in Sunderland and I always have.

Having ancestors from The Lane makes you a scratter twice removed

Last edited:
Having ancestors from The Lane makes you a scratter twice removed
Easington Lane just needs a new daddy, none of this drug scratter shit anymore, the BatCave could do with reopening with the right door staff in charge.

Back