19 years inside for man who killed burglar

Mackem DJ

Striker
You will not go to prison for burgling someones house now like, aaaall the enablers have inflicted this onto society with their rhetoric of education not punishment, poor folk gripped by addiction shite, prison doesn’t work etc.

Chatty83

Midfield
Bloke went to far and deserved punishment for it for sure. The problem comes because our justice system is all over the shop, rapists, other murderers, paedos getting away with worst shit than this daily so the punishment doesn't fit. The whole system needs an overhaul.

fyl2u

Striker
I couldn't have found him guilty
the world would be a better place without Burglars

Ball, Baseball hat, Gloves and a Bat

Aye the world would be so much of a better place with fewer burglars and more murderers on the streets handing out vigilante justice death sentences as they saw fit.

Oh wait.

Bulwell

Winger
Disagree.

Not sure how this isn't murder.

He was at his Mam's house when he was alerted to what was going on and turns up with a knife stabs him in the head and neck several times and tries to run him over. At no point did the accused ever appear threatened and this was just an old fashioned punishment killing. I'd bet a Pound to a penny that on the way over he said to his half brother he was going to kill him.

This isn't a case when someone breaks into your house when you have the bairns upstairs. 19 years for this is fine by me.

CEF

Winger
They could have alerted the police.
Police wouldn't have come. Could argue that they are partly to blame
I think that’s far too long of a sentence.

Bloke got an alert from his Ring doorbell that his home was being broken into whilst he was out, so he armed himself and his brother with kitchen knives, made it home before the burglar left, stabbed him multiple times and left him to die in the street.

Obviously no right to take a life and burglary doesn’t warrant being put to death, but I feel more sorry for the bloke doing 19 years inside than the burglar.

If you break into someone’s home and you’re met with lethal force, you can’t really complain.

"Townsend stabbed Mr Brophy repeatedly in the head, face and arms inside his home, before stabbing him again in the neck on the road outside"

Probably had some right to complain to be fair - awful that
"The verdict of the jury means that they could not be sure that when delivering a fatal blow you intended to kill or cause serious harm"

The jury couldn't be sure that stabbing a bloke repeatedly in the head and neck was intended as serious harm?
Jury intimidation?
Really?
Or is this just a billy big boy post?
What else can you do?
Deserves 19 years for that hair and beard alone
Gone for the dwarf look

Last edited:

SPUFF

Striker
I think that’s far too long of a sentence.

Bloke got an alert from his Ring doorbell that his home was being broken into whilst he was out, so he armed himself and his brother with kitchen knives, made it home before the burglar left, stabbed him multiple times and left him to die in the street.

Obviously no right to take a life and burglary doesn’t warrant being put to death, but I feel more sorry for the bloke doing 19 years inside than the burglar.

If you break into someone’s home and you’re met with lethal force, you can’t really complain.

The killer
“What guns that fire shot?”

CEF

Winger
The last bloke who killed a burglar and was acting out of genuine self defence got off mind.

Shit bit is he was 79 year old and apparently had to move house and change his identity over fears of a revenge attack.
Disgrace that. You had the pikeys putting loads of flowers and balloons and that on the poor old bloke'a fence, and threatening to kill him. Remember his neighbour tearing all the flowers off - thought good on ya mate.

Last edited:

Titus

Striker
I'm sure this was the one where he stabbed the bloke in the face, chased off the rest and then came back and finished off the bloke he'd initially stabbed.

Sounds dodgy anyway. Would bet money it was a drug related 'move'.

Seriously, how many people on here, if confronted with the same situation, would recruit their brother and grab a couple of kitchen knives to go stab the burglar? I've little sympathy for the burglar but the two killers are obviously a pair of psychos.

BigPete

Striker
Thought as much.
Not sure many people would swap a jail cell with a potential life sentence for an iPad, phone and a couple of hundred quid that would be replaced on home insurance.
Thanks for clearing that up m
I someone doubt you can claim a few blocks of toot on the insurance.