19 years inside for man who killed burglar

Once you decide to enter somebody else’s property with an intention to rob the place you should lose any rights to protection.

I'm not sure that's the case tbh. If I've sufficiently restrained someone who has entered my property I should go no further until the police arrive. Certainly got no right to plunge a knife into them unless feel significantly threatened. If you've managed to chase them off the property then its job done. You certainly should have no right to chase them and do as you please with them

I'm not sure that's the case tbh. If I've sufficiently restrained someone who has entered my property I should go no further until the police arrive. Certainly got no right to plunge a knife into them unless feel significantly threatened. If you've managed to chase them off the property then its job done. You certainly should have no right to chase them and do as you please with them
To be fair mate I’ve commented again after reading the reports from court.

I still think any normal burglar should give up his right when he’s creeping on a normal family.

To be fair mate I’ve commented again after reading the reports from court.

I still think any normal burglar should give up his right when he’s creeping on a normal family.

I'm certainly not saying he should be treated with respect but if they sufficiently restrained or chased off the property then its job done. If need be mind I'd kill the bastard if I felt sufficiently threatened

I think that’s far too long of a sentence.

Bloke got an alert from his Ring doorbell that his home was being broken into whilst he was out, so he armed himself and his brother with kitchen knives, made it home before the burglar left, stabbed him multiple times and left him to die in the street.

Obviously no right to take a life and burglary doesn’t warrant being put to death, but I feel more sorry for the bloke doing 19 years inside than the burglar.

If you break into someone’s home and you’re met with lethal force, you can’t really complain.

Sounds like premeditated murder. Was lucky to get just that.

Goodness @Lumber

There is a world of difference between the BBC article and this one. No mention of the car, the running over, the severity of facial stabbing or the drug dealing fuelling it all.

I think having read that I would significantly revise my opinion on the length of the sentence.
Yep, always more to these stories when you drill down.

I’ve been burgled twice. The first time it was about 8pm at night. We were in. The dooralarms went off, my son went to the back door, I went to the front door. He was already inside the hall.( door wasn’t locked)He gave me a cock and bull story and I could see he’d been through our lasses bag that was in the hall.
I was wearing a vest, shorts and no shoes. I took hold of him but he quickly dragged me outside. We struggled in the front garden and he kept going for his inside pocket. He was a strong lad and no kidding this went on for five minutes. My family had no idea I was fighting a burglar in the front garden. I obviously had a good luck at him and thought I knew him.
In the end he broke free and legged it. Went to Crown Court he got off. His defence was the front door was already open and he wasn’t inside the hall. Ridiculous.He was a prolific sneak burglar according to the polis.
Next one was 8am. Had a problem with a VW car we had. The alarm wouldn’t set so booked an appointment at the dealers. Next day daughter was staying with us and said “ that’s great service by VW isn’t it, coming out so soon “
I said “ What are you on about ?”
She told me there was a man inside the car on the drive. Ran down half dressed ( again) and there was a lad inside the car going through the glove compartment. Our electric garage doors were open too.
Pulled him out, put him up against the wall and told our lass to ring the polis. A hedge trimmer from the garage was next to the car. After a while, he decided he wasn’t waiting for the polis so started. Struggling again and remembering what happened last time I let him break free then hit him with my elbow and knocked him out.
When the polis arrived eventually I was sat on top of him. Our lass had threatened to stamp on his head with her heels on. (no)
That night I was interviewed under caution at the polis station as he had made a complaint of assault. He was charged with vehicle interference, not burglary and got fined £50.
I was left with a £200 bill to fix my car alarm. He’d obviously put that out the previous day.
I’m not gonna say what precautions I take these days.

I’ve been burgled twice. The first time it was about 8pm at night. We were in. The dooralarms went off, my son went to the back door, I went to the front door. He was already inside the hall.( door wasn’t locked)He gave me a cock and bull story and I could see he’d been through our lasses bag that was in the hall.
I was wearing a vest, shorts and no shoes. I took hold of him but he quickly dragged me outside. We struggled in the front garden and he kept going for his inside pocket. He was a strong lad and no kidding this went on for five minutes. My family had no idea I was fighting a burglar in the front garden. I obviously had a good luck at him and thought I knew him.
In the end he broke free and legged it. Went to Crown Court he got off. His defence was the front door was already open and he wasn’t inside the hall. Ridiculous.He was a prolific sneak burglar according to the polis.
Next one was 8am. Had a problem with a VW car we had. The alarm wouldn’t set so booked an appointment at the dealers. Next day daughter was staying with us and said “ that’s great service by VW isn’t it, coming out so soon “
I said “ What are you on about ?”
She told me there was a man inside the car on the drive. Ran down half dressed ( again) and there was a lad inside the car going through the glove compartment. Our electric garage doors were open too.
Pulled him out, put him up against the wall and told our lass to ring the polis. A hedge trimmer from the garage was next to the car. After a while, he decided he wasn’t waiting for the polis so started. Struggling again and remembering what happened last time I let him break free then hit him with my elbow and knocked him out.
When the polis arrived eventually I was sat on top of him. Our lass had threatened to stamp on his head with her heels on. (no)
That night I was interviewed under caution at the polis station as he had made a complaint of assault. He was charged with vehicle interference, not burglary and got fined £50.
I was left with a £200 bill to fix my car alarm. He’d obviously put that out the previous day.
I’m not gonna say what precautions I take these days.
So you ended up out of pocket because a filthy scumbag thought it was fine to burgle your premises? It’s nothing short of a disgrace. It’s like the law is weighted in their favour.

Back