18th January Stats

I hope when Covid is completely gone that these daily stats threads are still posted. 2 or 3 more posters back from bans and these daily threads are gold.
It thought it would be good to keep worldometer for flu...but maybe that would create an eternal fear mindset for some. The heart doesn't grieve what the eye doesn't see.

I think you'll be most upset out of all the posters on here when this place becomes more or less redundant. Gives you no place to pontificate to people with your posters. Im putting this mildly here but your undoubtedly a bit of a mentalist

It’s time this sub forum went the distance tbh. Just have one thread on the main forum

In the week ending 7 January 2022 (Week 1), 12,262 deaths were registered in England and Wales; this was 3,785 more deaths than the previous week (Week 52 2021), which is partly because of the bank holidays in Week 52, and 7.8% below the five-year average (1,036 fewer deaths).
The number of deaths registered in England in the week ending 7 January 2022 (Week 1) was 11,470; this was 3,564 more deaths than the previous week (Week 52 2021) and 7.6% below the five-year average (950 fewer deaths).
The number of deaths registered in Wales in the week ending 7 January 2022 (Week 1) was 776; this was 217 more deaths than the previous week (Week 52 2021) and 8.9% below the five-year average (76 fewer deaths).
Of the deaths registered in Week 1 in England and Wales, 922 mentioned “novel coronavirus (COVID-19)”, accounting for 7.5% of all deaths; this was an increase in the number of deaths compared with Week 52 2021 (582 deaths, 6.9% of all deaths).

So looks like the number of deaths are down and that the number of deaths relating to Covid are roughly in line with number of Covid cases if the community.

So the statistics are absolutely fantastic. Fewer people infected, fewer people on ventilators and fewer people dying and almost no one dying of Covid.

Unless I have interpreted the stats wrong.
It’s time this sub forum went the distance tbh. Just have one thread on the main forum
I agree. It’s over.

It was probably before you turned up on here. He definitely did post grim during a period when the numbers were improving rather than getting worse.
Of course, I was on a ban...still don't think it's a big deal though.
Was when he was posting under the oldie moniker. Watch his post count drop off when he gets the @SAFCOldie one back on 27th Jan :lol:
It's only you that believes this, and it's getting painful to watch your Gelan / Olde obsession. Maybe the mods will be kind and give you some rest time. If you have a missus, talk to her about it.

I wish you well.

Last edited:
not quite there yet, i think another month and parsnip the lot of it.

when flu next hits hard, I bet the excess deaths goes higher that what we are seeing now,

2017-2018 winter period 50k excess deaths, just let that sink in, we had zero measures in place to reduce the death toll.

As posted above our excess deaths are dropping, the figures to me an untrained eye seems to point its now gone endemic in the UK, which is what all the experts wanted to happen, we now move on and live with it.

vaccines, lockdowns and masks slowed down the death rate and saved lives, so we could move on when it went endemic, we have better treatments and a better understanding of it all, its now time to embrace the good news and get on with our lives, people will still die from covid, its going no where, but its now going to be just another one of the many virus out there that does that.

In the week ending 7 January 2022 (Week 1), 12,262 deaths were registered in England and Wales; this was 3,785 more deaths than the previous week (Week 52 2021), which is partly because of the bank holidays in Week 52, and 7.8% below the five-year average (1,036 fewer deaths).
The number of deaths registered in England in the week ending 7 January 2022 (Week 1) was 11,470; this was 3,564 more deaths than the previous week (Week 52 2021) and 7.6% below the five-year average (950 fewer deaths).
The number of deaths registered in Wales in the week ending 7 January 2022 (Week 1) was 776; this was 217 more deaths than the previous week (Week 52 2021) and 8.9% below the five-year average (76 fewer deaths).
Of the deaths registered in Week 1 in England and Wales, 922 mentioned “novel coronavirus (COVID-19)”, accounting for 7.5% of all deaths; this was an increase in the number of deaths compared with Week 52 2021 (582 deaths, 6.9% of all deaths).

So looks like the number of deaths are down and that the number of deaths relating to Covid are roughly in line with number of Covid cases if the community.

So the statistics are absolutely fantastic. Fewer people infected, fewer people on ventilators and fewer people dying and almost no one dying of Covid.

Unless I have interpreted the stats wrong.

I agree. It’s over.
Not quite, I have another infection....not tested, but same as Omicron in December less the fatigue. Do love a bit of immunty me like :D

Of course, I was on a ban...still don't think it's a big deal though.

It's only you that believes this, and it's getting painful to watch your Gelan / Olde obsession. Maybe the mods will be kind and give you some rest time. If you have a missus, talk to her about it.

I wish you well.
This forum has turned into your life hasnt it? Chatting to strangers about Covid.

Correct, I'm chatting to strangers about Covid, and you're keeping records of peoples posting and banning history. You're happy, I'm happy...each to their own :D
It takes literally 5 seconds to check you are posting over 200 messages a week mainly about something you consider to be ‘over’. Weirdo.

Back