17th November 1979......New signing STAN CUMMINS..

Centre Half? Wasn't an ex Sunderland manager in charge of them was it? :lol:
not sure m8 think was if memory is right ferryhill greyhound owa 40s ,think stan had not been back from usa long he played ch and just knocked the ball around the field , played against alan shoulder also a coundon team i took him owa the line he got up said "wtf was that for " i replyed new years day kida he laughed cany fela fit as fuck for his age to.. about the manager think you might be on about brian atkinson think he managed a ferryhill team , might be wrong

Until Richardson’s bullet free kick Stan’s winner in 1980 was the only home win against the Mags I’d seen.

I was at Anfield for his winner as well, fantastic day.
I was at Roker, to see Stan's winner against the Mags in 1980, but have never seen us beat them, at the SOL.

I will never forget Easter Saturday 1980.

Stan got the winner late on iirc, and as we got back to the car in the Cattle Market, someone shouted Bristol City's got beat(they were rivals with us for top 2) which caused a huge rosr and the cue for much singing and dancing. It was tremendous :lol:

I don't think they have mate, I was trying to be posh :lol:

There's a few errors here mind. Easter Saturday was the mags at home.

By the Cattle Market (I presume you mean the Notts County one) would have been before Easter in 1980.

Bristol City were in Division One in 1980

There's a few errors here mind. Easter Saturday was the mags at home.

By the Cattle Market (I presume you mean the Notts County one) would have been before Easter in 1980.

Bristol City were in Division One in 1980
Yep, the memory.
We beat Notts Co the Saturday before ES and the mags.
It was Leicester who lost 2-1 - at PNE. Leicester pipped us for the title.
Dunno why thought it was Bristol or Brum.

Scored one of my favourite goals for Sunderland. When he turned Phil Neal inside out, and hammered the ball home in a one nil win down at Anfield.
Sunderland stop up fuck off Cowie all the hand written signs said, stuck in the back bus windows as we passed them on the M62 on the way back.
And he scored a canny one at Sid James in the derby on New Years Day the season before. Not quite as good as his little tap in on the Easter Monday thou.
remember getting off the bus running to ground as thousands were gona be locked out, cops said no running and chased fans if they did stan scored they hammered us all owa the park that day thousands begging the ref to blow for ft.

Good little player Stan like..I remember the end of the 1984-85 season..we were shite and going down but he never gave up..him and David Hodgson tried their hearts out.

Back