16th September Stats

Because of a technical issue affecting the availability of data, there has been no update to cases, testing and vaccinations for Scotland. Therefore newly reported numbers for the UK include England, Northern Ireland and Wales only.

On Thursday 16 September, case rates per 100,000 people for MSOAs in England and admission rates per 100,000 people for NHS regions in England will be updated to use the mid-2020 population estimates.

Figures reported on a Monday by Wales are for a 48h period. This is reflected in the UK total.

Hospital data for ST&S is updated weekly on a Thursday.

* Data not updated from previous day.

+/- compared to one week ago.

Percentages in [] = total percentage of people aged 16+ who have received a COVID-19 vaccination.

Figures in () for doses = daily total.

109 cases in Sunderland. -58
0 deaths in Sunderland. -1
7 patients admitted to hospital in South Tyneside & Sunderland. -4
89 patients in hospital in South Tyneside & Sunderland. +7
7 patients on ventilation in South Tyneside & Sunderland. -1

1,243 cases in the NE. -325
8 deaths in the NE. +1
152 patients admitted to hospital in the NE & Yorks. -11
1,163 patients in hospital in the NE & Yorks. -47
156 patients on ventilation in the NE & Yorks. +1

26,911 cases in the UK. -11,102
158 deaths in the UK. -9
836* patients admitted to hospital in the UK. -27
8,339 patients in hospital in the UK. +254
1,081 patients on ventilation in the UK. +21

1,084,505 tests conducted. Last week: 1,258,874

England 7 day test positivity rate as of 10/09/21 = 7.5% 0.4

Sunderland 7 day rolling average:
251.9 cases per 100,000 using backdated data. -108.0
304.4 cases per 100,000 using daily data. -113.0

314.9 cases per 100,000 for the UK using daily data. -91.0

205,010 [84.4%] (49) people have received 1st dose of vaccination in Sunderland. +452
188,551 [77.6%] (207) people have received 2nd dose of vaccination in Sunderland. +2,494

1,947,910 [83.3%] (693) people have received 1st dose of vaccination in the NE. +4,197
1,785,054 [76.4%] (2,721) people have received 2nd dose of vaccination in the NE. +24,205

48,503,181 [89.2%] (23,003) people have received 1st dose of vaccination in the UK. +158,615
44,229,777 [81.4%] (59,404) people have received 2nd dose of vaccination in the UK. +520,871

Quite pleasing data. I don't know what day the schools went back for most, but was two weeks ago today my kids went back. The result has been a few days of cases increasing at the rate they were, followed by over a week of cases nose diving.

Seems a similar story to what we saw back in March when schools returned. We sat waiting for a big impact and rather than making cases rise or stagnate they fell. No idea why that would be the case, but great to see. Perhaps adults are not getting out as much without kids to entertain.

People in hospital in England is decreasing and has hardly changed since a few weeks after opening up.

That’s utter bollocks to be fair marra. I think you are getting confused with the number admitted today being slightly down.

We had under 6000 in hospital on the 1st August when we had already opened up and now have 8,400… hardly changed?

Even says on Skynews we have been over 8000 cases in hospital and last time that happened was March whilst we were still in the 2nd wave.

Good news admittences are slightly lower mind

Quite pleasing data. I don't know what day the schools went back for most, but was two weeks ago today my kids went back. The result has been a few days of cases increasing at the rate they were, followed by over a week of cases nose diving.

Seems a similar story to what we saw back in March when schools returned. We sat waiting for a big impact and rather than making cases rise or stagnate they fell. No idea why that would be the case, but great to see. Perhaps adults are not getting out as much without kids to entertain.
The virus is getting squeezed now. With so many people double jabbed and others double jabbed and had Covid transmission is much harder. There will be a tipping point where R is sufficiently below 1 it will be choked off. It will flare up again but I’m optimistic that we are going to have a great autumn
That’s utter bollocks to be fair marra. I think you are getting confused with the number admitted today being slightly down.

We had under 6000 in hospital on the 1st August when we had already opened up and now have 8,400… hardly changed?

Even says on Skynews we have been over 8000 cases in hospital and last time that happened was March whilst we were still in the 2nd wave.

Good news admittences are slightly lower mind

England not UK.

First of all, any death to this is tragic. Especially for that persons family.

For those who obviously study the stats properly, and are more knowledgeable in it all. Is it looking like a good decision to open up and go for it, as England has done, before the colder weather comes round again?
Or is it still too early to tell?

For those who obviously study the stats properly, and are more knowledgeable in it all. Is it looking like a good decision to open up and go for it, as England has done, before the colder weather comes round again?

I think the truth is no one really knows what's going to happen.

The optimists will say things are looking good, the pessimists will say winter will be horrible.

SAGE are clearly erring on the side of caution given their predictions. However I suspect its in part to try & influence public behaviour.

Scotland opened up a few weeks after England & about a week before their schools went back. Their cases shot up & now starting to head back down.
So far this hasn't happened in England. England had a ton of cases on the back of the Euros which will have given us a decent dose of natural immunity.
I think it is looking like a good decision to open up when we did.

Pretty confusing seeing all the greens. This is the worst period I've known for people having it. Lost count of the number of people I know that have it currently.
In my son's class at school there were only 12 there today out a class of 26 mainly due to them having it or isolating because a family member does.

Maybe it's just a localised thing.

Pretty confusing seeing all the greens. This is the worst period I've known for people having it. Lost count of the number of people I know that have it currently.
In my son's class at school there were only 12 there today out a class of 26 mainly due to them having it or isolating because a family member does.

Maybe it's just a localised thing.
Must be. I know no one barring a lad in hospital and has been for a couple of weeks.

I think it's a question of how many nuggets can be persuaded to take the jab. Remember that 6 million people are still going about their bisiness unjabbed when they've had the chance to do so.

Back