1690 - Will they ever stop the celebrations?

Arnly 1 of them a public Holiday though--about time we had more of a celebration for our Saint
Are you religious?

St pats day is a public piss up over the water

Only One I know who goes to church is my 76 year old father in law who goes to mass on paddies day

Both saints days linked to a piss up

The other is a bunch of drum banging arseholes celebrate a battle on a bog against lads who celebrate the same religion bar a couple of extra sentences.

Idiots
I wonder how many black lads will be on parade with them? If there's none someone somewhere is going to kick off about it....

Don't forget, the Catholics march as well, on other days obviously . Both could be happy occasions with lost of colour and music and drink . If only you could take the hatred out of it all - but you can't . We are a mixed family and go to weddings , funerals etc., in both churches and there's hardly any differences at all . Fucks sake lads sort yourselves out, kick hatred out .

Don't forget, the Catholics march as well, on other days obviously . Both could be happy occasions with lost of colour and music and drink . If only you could take the hatred out of it all - but you can't . We are a mixed family and go to weddings , funerals etc., in both churches and there's hardly any differences at all . Fucks sake lads sort yourselves out, kick hatred out .
It just seems that hatred is fuelling the world at the moment, or is it the way it's getting reported?

I've seen black lads marching with them .
There are Orange Lodges in Africa. Some of their members have been invited over to Belfast especially for the parade in the past.
No parades this year (their wouldn't have been anyway as it's Sunday) but still lots of smaller band parades organised for tomorrow. No orange lodges marching this year.

I get not doing it in the current climate, but why should they stop it in the future?
Because people can't behave themselves. There is always loads of bother and it inconveniences a whole city (Glasgow) with road closures etc whilst they march.
I don't understand the need to march from one side of the city to the other. There are loads of parks in the city. In the past the council have tried to get them to just hold an event in one of them but they always want to do a bit of marching.

Last edited:

Back