16 year old kid attacked by South Yorkshire copper

but he wasn’t, he was along with his mum trying to stop his dad and another bloke from squaring up to each other.
but he wasn’t, he was along with his mum trying to stop his dad and another bloke from squaring up to each other.

if anyone needs me to post it again let me know.
Was the copper trying to stop his dad and the other guy fighting and the blow was meant for the dads shoulder? Looks like it glances off him.

Yes I've watched the footage, and I still say it's inconclusive.
As I've already stated, i'm not condoning it, but I certainly wouldn't condemn him either, not on the strength of that clip.
He was trying to split a fight up man. Copper runs over and it's f***ing sickening when you hear the crack. The woman copper says "stop filming"...she know the copper is bang out of order.
As I've already stated, i'm not condoning it, but I certainly wouldn't condemn him either, not on the strength of that clip.
He was trying to split a fight up man. Copper runs over and it's f***ing sickening when you hear the crack. The woman copper says "stop filming"...she know the copper is bang out of order.

Was the copper trying to stop his dad and the other guy fighting and the blow was meant for the dads shoulder? Looks like it glances off him.
Are you both watching the video on a Nokia 3310? Watch the copper and the old bloke's feet and you can see the copper is neewhere near the old bloke as he's a yard away and going sideways when he swings his baton to hit the kid.

Watch this gif below, I've paused it briefly and you can see copper pulls the baton back and at one point you see it reflecting light while held back and down (it's pointing towards old bloke's head) as the copper is now ready to smash it on the kid's head!

There's no way was the copper going for either or both the blokes, he steamed in and knew he was going for the kid. If anyone can't see this in this gif then I'm not sure what valid view they can have.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you both watching the video on a Nokia 3310? Watch the copper and the old bloke's feet and you can see the copper is neewhere near old bloke when he swings and then hits the kid.

Watch this gif below, I've paused it briefly and you can see copper pulls the baton back and at one point you see it reflecting light while held back and down (it's pointing towards old bloke's head) as the copper is now ready to smash it on the kid's head!

There's no way was the copper going for either or both the blokes, he steamed in and knew he was going for the kid. If anyone can't see this in this gif then I'm not sure what valid view they can have.

The copper was looking nowhere else but that kid. Thats the first time I’ve seen it slowed down. There’s no way he was going for the older gadgie.

The lad was one of two attacking one man. Football violence. Two onto one, perhaps the little shit might think better the next time he decides to participate in football violence, after all he could have been slashed, kicked unconscious by the opposing hooligans.

The copper was looking nowhere else but that kid. Thats the first time I’ve seen it slowed down. There’s no way he was going for the older gadgie.
Aye, slowed down you can clearly see by watching the old bloke's feet that the copper is about a yard closer to the camera as the copper finally brings the baton forward to lash out. In no way at all does the copper touch the old bloke nor was he even going for the 2 blokes given the angle he come in and also that he starts to bring his swing down well away from the blokes!

The ginger kid's left hand seems to have hold of the younger blokes head somehow and keeping him down. So aye, based on this very short clip, the copper could have hit him but hit him elsewhere that isn't a critical area.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lad was one of two attacking one man. Football violence. Two onto one, perhaps the little shit might think better the next time he decides to participate in football violence, after all he could have been slashed, kicked unconscious by the opposing hooligans.

Instead they clobbered him across the head...

According to an eyewitness he was defending his dad.

From rascal

the young lad was with is mum and dad, a bloke started mouthing off calling his mum and Dad brother and sister, his dad told him to fuck off, the bloke tried to attack his dad and the young backed his dad up next thing he’s got a baton to his napper

Aye, slowed down you can clearly see by watching the old bloke's feet that the copper is about a yard closer to the camera as the copper finally brings the baton forward to lash out. In no way at all does the copper touch the old bloke nor was he even going for the 2 blokes given the angle he come in and also that he starts to bring his swing down well away from the blokes!

The ginger kid's left hand seems to have hold of the younger blokes head somehow and keeping him down. So aye, based on this very short clip, the copper could have hit him but hit him elsewhere that isn't a critical area.

Cheers for that. At normal speed it looks as if the baton glances off the older fella. Slowed down you can see the cop only has eyes for the kid.

Would you have condemned him if the kid had died ? (Which he easily could have!) or would you still like to see if there were mitigating circumstances ?
I've already said that (mitigating circumstances or not) it should be looked into as regards the copper's suitability for the job.
I quite agree that he cant go wading in like that , and if it turns out that he WAS aiming at the kid then yes he deserves the book thrown at him.
All i'm saying is that it's not easy to determine what exactly went on

And i'm not saying that he isn't out of order, or that it's not sickening - I cant stand any kind of violence.
There's no excuse for him to go wading in like that with a weapon. I'm just saying that it's not totally clear on a short clip like that what ACTUALLY happened.

Last edited:

Not sure if serious...

Back