16 year old kid attacked by South Yorkshire copper

What is all this in depth conversation into something that we will never find out the truth about, if the cop is found guilty he will be punished in house it won't be in the public eye
Not sure that's correct. Loads of officers have been dismissed and it's been communicated in the media, after affairs when undercover and bribery.

What a disgraceful view.
How is it a disgraceful view? If he was acting like a thug then you have to expect some sort of retaliation like you would in any fight. Easy solution don't act like a thug. If he's innocent then he has all my sympathy. The cop will be dealt with if they if he's used excessive force
Not sure that's correct. Loads of officers have been dismissed and it's been communicated in the media, after affairs when undercover and bribery.
This is a minor case it won't get put into the media

Last edited:
How is it a disgraceful view? If he was acting like a thug then you have to expect some sort of retaliation like you would in any fight. Easy solution don't act like a thug. If he's innocent then he has all my sympathy. The cop will be dealt with if they if he's used excessive force

Are you blind ?

Minor? I would argue GBH on a minor is a bigger issue than having an affair while undercover personally.

What you getting on your high horse for, if the copper has used to much force then he will be dealt with by the relevant people. My point is the lad shouldn't get himself into situations like that in the first place.

It's not naive at all, it's called common sense, there have been plenty of times before when police have got into trouble for using excessive force.
I’m not on my high horse, I’m putting you in the picture as you clearly don’t understand how the escalation of force works and for some reason you think it maybe acceptable for a copper to smash some fuckers head in.

Thankfully the Barnsley lad has cleared it up and as per usual you’re way off the mark.

If a suspect resists arrest and puts up a fight the police aren’t going to say “ OK if you feel that strongly about being placed under arrest I’ll let you go”
The level of resistance will be met with the amount of force deemed necessary at the time to subdue the suspect.
When an officer asks you to follow his command, obey. Things go much easier for both parties.
At any point in this thread are you going to read the posts from @RascaI ?

Aye mate, except its not the police's job to just to get involved in fights and dish out the finishing blow. Let's say he was fighting, you're saying you have no sympathy for 16 year old minor offenders being blindsided in the skull with a weapon from the police. That's disgusting imo.

It’s already out there mate. Generally when that happens it doesn’t go away.

If a suspect resists arrest and puts up a fight the police aren’t going to say “ OK if you feel that strongly about being placed under arrest I’ll let you go”
The level of resistance will be met with the amount of force deemed necessary at the time to subdue the suspect.
When an officer asks you to follow his command, obey. Things go much easier for both parties.
Once again it comes down to reasonable restraint techniques that all officers are taught. Twatting a teenager on the back of the head so hard you can hear it on camera isn't and never will be in that training. Even resisting arrest that's a disproportionate action and he should and I suspect will be charged

I really can't work out whether you're a wind up merchant or thick as mince (or both)

Have you watched the footage???? Copper wades into the kid without a second thought man.
Yes I've watched the footage, and I still say it's inconclusive.
As I've already stated, i'm not condoning it, but I certainly wouldn't condemn him either, not on the strength of that clip.

Yes I've watched the footage, and I still say it's inconclusive.
As I've already stated, i'm not condoning it, but I certainly wouldn't condemn him either, not on the strength of that clip.
Would you have condemned him if the kid had died ? (Which he easily could have!) or would you still like to see if there were mitigating circumstances ?

Back