16 year old girl arrested after stabbing of teacher

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot remember anyone like that back in the day. The nit nurse came around once a year.

Can't remember anything like that either! The school my boys went to has a chaplain which is a similar role and she was brilliant with them when we had a serious problem to go through.

Nurture not Nature.
I'm sure any kid with behavioural problems can be changed. Some just take a shitload more work than others

Nurture not Nature.
I'm sure any kid with behavioural problems can be changed. Some just take a shitload more work than others

Some kids are so damaged and the thoughts are hard wired by 7 that some are set for life.

We should expect a lot more from parents and families but the problem it is the parents doing the f***ing up.

A few are but on the main no, However kids have a much free'r reign nowadays. Even the police ive had dealings with admit this
That's how they are nurtured though not something they are born with. Its down to parents and the world we live in. I dont think any child is born evil though imo.

Some kids are so damaged and the thoughts are hard wired by 7 that some are set for life.

We should expect a lot more from parents and families but the problem it is the parents doing the f***ing up.
Some of the neural hard wiring can be rerouted so it's doesn't fire for preference or quite as quick but generally not without a change of reinforcing environment. It's often two steps forward and 1.9 steps back though.
Often kids learn to be scared of care or softness so don't self sooth. If that endures until mid adolescence, when the social battle intensifies, it could take years of detailed therapy to even manage let alone reverse (which is never going to be available) . Quite often the current revolving door cases in the current criminal justice/MH system.:cry:
I see the 'products' and its very sad to hear someone who recognises their complete inability to accept kindness or even experiment with what it would be like to express a self compassionate thought.

In the main I would suspect that's the case.
There's a little lad who lives near us - stays with his grandparents as his mother is a megaton fuckup. No idea whether his Dad's on the scene.
You just know he's going to end up being a massive wanker unless someone takes him in hand.

He just wants attention I think but he goes about it in the wrong way.
I completely blame his mother to be honest.

In the main I would suspect that's the case.
There's a little lad who lives near us - stays with his grandparents as his mother is a megaton fuckup. No idea whether his Dad's on the scene.
You just know he's going to end up being a massive wanker unless someone takes him in hand.

He just wants attention I think but he goes about it in the wrong way.
I completely blame his mother to be honest.

he may have a chance if he has a loving Grandparent who can keep him grounded.

All kids want is attention. He doesn't go about getting attention the wrong way, he goes about it the way he was shown by his parent and family.

His behaviour gets their attention, so he is doing it right. problem is, it's not great for his place in society.

Some of the neural hard wiring can be rerouted so it's doesn't fire for preference or quite as quick but generally not without a change of reinforcing environment. It's often two steps forward and 1.9 steps back though.
Often kids learn to be scared of care or softness so don't self sooth. If that endures until mid adolescence, when the social battle intensifies, it could take years of detailed therapy to even manage let alone reverse (which is never going to be available) . Quite often the current revolving door cases in the current criminal justice/MH system.:cry:
I see the 'products' and its very sad to hear someone who recognises their complete inability to accept kindness or even experiment with what it would be like to express a self compassionate thought.

Which most kids don't and won't have.

I think it's about time when we demanded more from people bringing up kids and people in general.

Good old social and peer pressure and a bit of shaming might help. Of the adults not the kids.

Last edited:

All kids want is attention. He doesn't go about getting attention the wrong way, he goes about it the way he was shown by his parent and family.

His behaviour gets their attention, so he is doing it right. problem is, it's not great for his place in society.

I don't think they have a great deal of patience with him either tbh

That's how they are nurtured though not something they are born with. Its down to parents and the world we live in. I dont think any child is born evil though imo.

It has been proven that certain genes you are born with interact with your environment that you live in

A 2002 study found that a particular variation of a gene predicted antisocial behavior in men who were mistreated as children. The gene controls whether we produce an enzyme called monoamine oxidase A (MAOA), which at low levels has been linked to aggression in mice. The researchers found that boys who were neglected and who possessed a variation of the gene that produced low levels of MAOA were more likely to develop antisocial personality disorder, commit crimes and grow up to have a violent disposition. But those living in a similar environment who produced more of the enzyme rarely developed these problems.

Psychopaths are arguably the evilest of the evildoers. A study published in August 2010 looked at psychopathic tendencies in teenagers with low socioeconomic resources. The researchers found that adolescents who had a variation of another gene, which contributes to how quickly serotonin is recycled in the brain and which has been linked to hostile behavior in children, were more likely to exhibit signs of psychopathy.

These two recent findings provide strong evidence that evil behavior—mass murder, armed robbery, and perhaps even newspaper theft—might be caused by the right set of genes interacting with the wrong environment.

So certain genetic coding within the womb are influential when mixed with other external factors in the environment or situations

Work with 16 - 18yrs olds with compex needs in Lincolnshire (Skegness, Lincoln & Grantham) . Shite parenting for one reason or another is usually at the root

Which most kids don't and won't have.

I think it's about time when we demanded more from people bringing up kids and people in general.

Good old social and peer pressure and a bit of shaming might help. Of the adults not the kids.
I don't usually like shame as a reinforcer, a lot of the people that are 'failing' with their kids don't need anymore of it, they usually have problems already and some of their behaviours can be maladaptive coping strategies to this and low esteem in the first place ( 3rd generation shame by now),
But I agree we have to be bencharks for what kids need at home to thrive enforced somehow.

I don't usually like shame as a reinforcer, a lot of the people that are 'failing' with their kids don't need anymore of it, they usually have problems already and some of their behaviours can be maladaptive coping strategies to this and low esteem in the first place ( 3rd generation shame by now),
But I agree we have to be bencharks for what kids need at home to thrive enforced somehow.

We probably aren't far from agreeing on this. There needs to be some forces put into place that stop these behaviours being acceptable. It cannot be coming just from authorities we all have a collective responsibility in this.

We probably aren't far from agreeing on this. There needs to be some forces put into place that stop these behaviours being acceptable. It cannot be coming just from authorities we all have a collective responsibility in this.
It's a lot to do with reduction in social capital I think. We are just not as connected, once upon a time the old helped the young with experience and the young helped with energy and care. We're all becoming siloed by self interest and dedication to getting by personally in the system.
Bit of health and safety gone mad in there too as informal help has become regulated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back