16-8

Is it a fad or does it work? you eat in the 8-hour period and fast for the 16
incidentally that 16-8 is my weight right now and I want to be back to where I was before the lockdown
14 stone
Has anyone tried this and did you use it with a calorie-controlled diet?
in the past I cut my calories down to 1400 a day and the weight fell off but so did some muscle, I've got a foot problem that is stopping me from walking a lot and I think losing a couple of stones will help, I'm thinking of say 1800 calories and fasting to replace the exercise.

I’ve built it into my daily routine for about 5 years.

I basically start to eat at about 11:00, depending on what we’re doing I eat my last meal between 6pm and 8pm.

As for weight loss/control it depends what you eat in the feeding ‘window’.

If I want to lose weight then I cut out rubbish calories and reduce alcohol intake.

At the moment I’m fatter than usual as I eat a lot when I focus on weight training.

Went straight onto Fast800 in the new year. I started at about 104KG and am now fluctuating between 98 and 99KG. Went to the gym 21 times in January starting with mainly cardio and now moving to mainly weights, but I've hit a plateau and I'm not losing any more weight despite being in a huge caloric deficit. I do cheat probably 1 day a week where I'll have 6 or 7 pints, but it's usually cooking lager (lower cal) and if anything I'll not do my 800 cals of food that day.

Sooo...I've stopped. I'm still fasting between 14 and 18 hours a day and my cal intake has gone up to 1500-1600 a day (aiming to get 120g protein in per day). I'm almost completely weight training 5-6 days a week, with progressive overload, so I'm hoping to get lean and lose weight quickly with this strategy. If I can get down to 93-94kg I'll up the cals to 2000 a day and continue on to get to 89kg (something about the 14 stone mark is what I'm looking for)...I'm 6'1".

Fast 800 was massively successful for me in the past when I lost about 22kg in a matter of months, but being sub 13stone is not good for me and I could lift a feather.

Went straight onto Fast800 in the new year. I started at about 104KG and am now fluctuating between 98 and 99KG. Went to the gym 21 times in January starting with mainly cardio and now moving to mainly weights, but I've hit a plateau and I'm not losing any more weight despite being in a huge caloric deficit. I do cheat probably 1 day a week where I'll have 6 or 7 pints, but it's usually cooking lager (lower cal) and if anything I'll not do my 800 cals of food that day.

Sooo...I've stopped. I'm still fasting between 14 and 18 hours a day and my cal intake has gone up to 1500-1600 a day (aiming to get 120g protein in per day). I'm almost completely weight training 5-6 days a week, with progressive overload, so I'm hoping to get lean and lose weight quickly with this strategy. If I can get down to 93-94kg I'll up the cals to 2000 a day and continue on to get to 89kg (something about the 14 stone mark is what I'm looking for)...I'm 6'1".

Fast 800 was massively successful for me in the past when I lost about 22kg in a matter of months, but being sub 13stone is not good for me and I could lift a feather.
You probably already know this …

Last edited:
You probably already know this …

That cardio thing is true , burns more calories but burns out the carbos so you want energy grub. What ive found anyway .
Think im going to cut my cardio to one HIT and one long steady a week . At present doing mixed cardio ( 30 mins) and weights daily .

That cardio thing is true , burns more calories but burns out the carbos so you want energy grub. What ive found anyway .
Think im going to cut my cardio to one HIT and one long steady a week . At present doing mixed cardio ( 30 mins) and weights daily .
I’m trying to mix weights and running too.

I’m enjoying a long steady run on a Sunday.
I’m not enjoying a faster shorter run on a Weds or Thursday.

I am still eating too much junk food but it’s still Winter, I’ll shed any excess flab before I need to fit into my budgie smugglers 🦜

I’m trying to mix weights and running too.

I’m enjoying a long steady run on a Sunday.
I’m not enjoying a faster shorter run on a Weds or Thursday.

I am still eating too much junk food but it’s still Winter, I’ll shed any excess flab before I need to fit into my budgie smugglers 🦜
Its definitely the diet, the carbs and the insulin use that sorts it . Weight melts off me without cardio on a protein diet , dont lose a pound no matter the calorie reduction if i keep the carbs up . My problem is maintaining fibre on the protein diet but im getting there sorting recipes .

Its definitely the diet, the carbs and the insulin use that sorts it . Weight melts off me without cardio on a protein diet , dont lose a pound no matter the calorie reduction if i keep the carbs up . My problem is maintaining fibre on the protein diet but im getting there sorting recipes .
I lost too much weight a few years ago by deliberately reducing calorie intake. I reduced the amount of carbs via bread mainly, but I took it too seriously at times.

I’m a bit more relaxed now, the plan for this year is to run outside when the weather isn’t too hot or cold. And I’ll lift weights for 2 or 3 days a week.

Good luck with your plan. Re: fibre, I think that I ate a lot of broccoli alongside chicken breasts or fish.

Last edited:
I lost too much weight a few years ago by deliberately reducing calorie intake. I reduced the amount of carbs via bread mainly, but I took it too seriously at times.

I’m a bit more relaxed now, the plan for this year is to run outside when the weather isn’t too hot or cold. And I’ll lift weights for 2 or 3 days a week.

Good luck with your plan. Re: fibre, I think that I ate a lot of broccoli alongside chicken breasts or fish.

Yeah broccoli is top veg for fibre. Ive just realised 2 tbsp of fine what bran has 80g fibre , sticking it in small amounts of it other cereal and soup with pulse

Interesting that chart doesn't reference sweet potatoes, which have around twice the amount of fibre a standard potato does and quite a few calories less.

I mainly get my fibre from all bran (usually 16-20g fibre on a morning). Tomato soup (6g) as a snack then other fruits / veg in my main meal on a night. Kidney beans are a great source of fibre too so tend to put quite a few in when cooking chilli etc.

I’d say don’t do cardio in the gym at all focus on resistance training. Heavy weights lower reps. Lots of protein in diet and low carbs. 10k steps a day and IF. Will work wonders. I’m starting this tomorrow. Will post progress and results.

Back