15 out of 23 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it’s on the sky sports app. Thinks they deserve promotion because of where they are after 35 games 🙄

also says sides just above the relegation zone have no desire to finish the season.

this league stinks

This league is full of shitty and annoying clubs who are followed by bitter knackers. Such a shame we’ve got a bunch of morons running the show here who can’t get us out of it.

Spot on mate. It's play all the games, void the season or allow clubs who want to fulfil the fixtures do so and the rest forfeit the fixtures 3-0 like you say. It's barbaric how the season started with the Bury situation/allowing Bolton to play on and it ending like this.

Yep, teams playing Bolton scoring 5 and 6 goals, then we play them after the takeover.

Isnt a single resolution that can please everyone, of course the bigger clubs in this league with the most money want to continue playing as they can afford it. Not fair on those though that would go bust if they had to play another 11 games. They have left it to clubs to vote which is the only fair way of doing it, I didn't like the result of the election but I cant really turn round and say its not fair and corrupt etc. The fact that Sunderland have somehow ended up 8th in this league, which means they are bad enough to miss out on a ppg system is their own fault and not down to the EFL or the clubs voting for PPG.

The way the efl have run this is a complete joke it's a pity clubs can't former a breakaway league

what is taking so long to make a decision?
Incompetence or corruption? which is it? (you could say that about the referee's in this league as well)

either shit, or get off the pot.

Isnt a single resolution that can please everyone, of course the bigger clubs in this league with the most money want to continue playing as they can afford it. Not fair on those though that would go bust if they had to play another 11 games. They have left it to clubs to vote which is the only fair way of doing it, I didn't like the result of the election but I cant really turn round and say its not fair and corrupt etc. The fact that Sunderland have somehow ended up 8th in this league, which means they are bad enough to miss out on a ppg system is their own fault and not down to the EFL or the clubs voting for PPG.
Bollocks its not our fault if they can't afford to play.
So should we have bended the league and fixtures to help Bolton and Bury at the time, say look you're struggling, just keep your position as it is for 10 or 15 games then just join in when you can afford it, you won't be out of sight points wise we will help you.

Bollocks its not our fault if they can't afford to play.
So should we have bended the league and fixtures to help Bolton and Bury at the time, say look you're struggling, just keep your position as it is for 10 or 15 games then just join in when you can afford it, you won't be out of sight points wise we will help you.

So you would happily see half the league go bust just so Sunderland can have a chance of getting into the playoffs? Why don't they just pander to all the bigger clubs and say stuff it lets promote Sunderland, Ipswich and Portsmouth, not fair at all but it keeps the bigger teams with all the money happy.

Wycombe have played 2 more home games than away games. Their home PPG (2.33) is the best in the league. Their away (1.06) is one of the worst. We saw how shit they were at the SOL.

Little wonder they don't want to continue - with 6 away and 4 home, they would probably pick up 16 points at best, which wouldn't be enough to get them the 3rd place that curtailment does.

No, it isn’t.

If we played the fixtures in a different order, so we had a different set of fixtures left to play, would it be possible that we’d have more points than Rotherham right now? Or Fleetwood? Or Oxford? (Etc)

What if they had a different set of fixtures left too? Could any of them be on fewer points?

A PPG system could never be fair, because it’s assuming that all the fixtures are the same. Which, clearly, they’re not.

Southend away, for example, they have a home record of 10 points from 19 games. They have lost 11 out of these 19 games. It represents a good chance of 3 points for any team in the league. 5 teams in the league have been unlucky to miss this fixture.

Wycombe away, on the other hand, is a hard fixture for anyone, they have and have currently only dropped points 5 times out of 19. 5 teams are lucky to miss this fixture.

Sunderland have played Wycombe A, but not Southend A. They would be awarded 1.64 points for this fixture when they would expect 3 points and be disappointed with 1.

Oxford have played Southend A, but not Wycombe A. They would be awarded 1.71 points for this fixture when they would be happy with 1 point but would probably expect 0 points.

There will be many other examples of this, I’m sure, I just picked the hardest and easiest fixtures in the league to illustrate it.

How could that be considered fair?

So its decided then. Oxford, Fleetwood, Pompey and Wycombe told to get tested and training Monday.

What is the point of the vote FFS.

Every team in Div. 1 entered the competition knowing they would play every other team home and away, and that promotion and relegation would be settled accordingly. the only fair way is to complete the league as and when possible. If teams vote not to complete the league, fair enough the competition should be declared void. Obviously teams are now going to vote for their own self interests, which is understandable, but it completely undermines the integrity of the competition, hope it all ends up in court

Yep, teams playing Bolton scoring 5 and 6 goals, then we play them after the takeover.
Boltons games should be taken out of any ppg promotion/playoff solution. I don’t know if that suits us or not but it’s the fairest way to do it. My belief in fair dos for all is stronger than my wish to see whatevers best for safc prevail. The good of the game seems to have been forgotten.

Its call integrity. Football is not about communities and the people anymore its self interest only from greedy agents, players & clubs. Its time to stop the this non sense with real change real leadership or maybe the new generation of supporters love this current model but I know if this continues football will fail. It has been slowly dying in my heart for years and its getting harder and harder to be excited about a fixed outcome between a small number of clubs.

My feelings exactly! :cry:

So you would happily see half the league go bust just so Sunderland can have a chance of getting into the playoffs? Why don't they just pander to all the bigger clubs and say stuff it lets promote Sunderland, Ipswich and Portsmouth, not fair at all but it keeps the bigger teams with all the money happy.
You’ve still not give us your Mackem accent yet? Marra.
You’ve missed the point. Sunderland being eighth is not the point. Clubs voting to curtail the season on safety or monetary means then playing more matches is the point.
Boltons games should be struck from the record and the rejigged table looked at again.
Any team with a chance of promotion should be invited to carry on in a rejigged format.

Last edited:

We've ended up 8th (7th really), without the season finishing, we are level on points with the playoffs, 3 points off second and have 2 teams above us to play. It's more like musical chairs than a football season, the one thing I can appreciate of the current arseholes is they want to play on.

Personally I think we should not attend the away games next season (or whenever we can) vs the clubs who vote to end this one.

Bollocks. If they can't play 6 more games in League 1 what are they going to do in 3 months when they are in the Championship but still have no gate money. If they can't/won't play fixtures then forfeit game 0-3. Those who want to finish season can.

Exactly. If Rotherham or Wycombe end up in the play offs, win them and start The Championship season behind closed doors it will be the cherry on top.

What are these clubs who can't afford to finish this season going to do next season if games are behind closed doors? Surely they'll just have even less money in three months time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back