15 out of 23 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald will be worrying about SC income but on the other hand he will be very happy thinking of the 40k a week saving after ditching all of the players with contracts expiring next month.
And when we've got only half a team next month, Donald will have the nerve to say"we could have offered xxxxx a contract extension, if only the fans had backed us"

The question shouldn’t be do they wish to end the season early. It should be can these games be completed safely?

Seeing as other leagues are going ahead and the Bundesliga has been a success, then we all know it can done. So get it done. Even if its at training grounds.
That’s the top & bottom of it really. It’s not about safety or controlling the virus anymore. There’s a group of clubs that have formed a majority based on the fact they have nothing to play for or a lot to gain by ending the season after 30 odd games. It stinks if they get away with it. Bury were kicked out of the league cos they couldn’t afford to play yet these clubs are getting exactly what they want by using it as an excuse.

If they can’t afford to play without crowds now, surely they can’t start the new season without crowds either, so then what happens?

That’s the top & bottom of it really. It’s not about safety or controlling the virus anymore. There’s a group of clubs that have formed a majority based on the fact they have nothing to play for or a lot to gain by ending the season after 30 odd games. It stinks if they get away with it. Bury were kicked out of the league cos they couldn’t afford to play yet these clubs are getting exactly what they want by using it as an excuse.

If they can’t afford to play without crowds now, surely they can’t start the new season without crowds either, so then what happens?

Exactly what I'm getting at mate. Everyone is in the same boat and, obviously this couldn't be foreseen but, the rules are, if you choose not to fulfil your fixtures then you are punished.
Whichever out of Rotherham or Wycombe end up in the play offs after thei shite then decide all of a sudden its safe and financially viable to play it will make even kor of a mockery out of the EFL.

It has zero redeeming features, aside from new ground to visit, which has now fully worn thin.

Most fans dislike us, the refs are absolutely fuckin shit for the most part, the shithousery is as bad as teams in south america, the football is atrocious and now these useless twats want to be undeservedly rewarded. I honestly don't think Rotherham would have gone up automatically.

If they can't fulfil fixtures, they should either concede defeat or the season should be void. Teams shouldn't be rewarded with promotion at this stage, there's too much still to play for.

Last edited:
Most fans dislike us, the refs are absolutely fuckin shit for the most part, the shithousery is as bad as teams in south america, the football is atrocious and now these useless twats want to be undeservedly rewarded. I honestly don't think Rotherham would have gone up automatically.

If they can't fulfil fixtures, they should either concede defeat or the season should be void. Teams shouldn't be rewarded with promotion at this stage, there's too much still to play for.
I fancied Portsmouth to get 2nd behind Coventry

If they can't fulfill fixtures, they should either concede defeat or the season should be void. Teams shouldn't be rewarded with promotion at this stage, there's too much still to play for.

Couldn't agree more. As has been said, clubs who want to play on should be allowed to and those who refuse/can't should forfeit the game 3-0.
How can they let Bolton start the season, be spanked 6-0 every week and not allow Bury more time but can then allow this?
The particular bug bear would be if a club voted for it to finish then suddenly decided they could play in the play-offs.
I fancied Portsmouth to get 2nd behind Coventry

Or Fleetwood - best side to come to our place this season imo

Last edited:

the fact that theyll go on to play play offs is a disgrace.

its over though, IMO. this season will be our worst finish ever won't it?

then we're going to shed a lot of players. Fuck knows what will happen to safc

A majority of clubs who can get promoted want to play. It’s farcical but been obvious for a while it would end like this. I’m not renewing as I’ve had enough, this ridiculous ruling is the final straw for me. Doubt I will go again. Will just become an armchair fan, can’t ever get excited about football again as this just shows the adage of ‘where you are in May is what counts’ has been out on top of a bonfire. 3 points behind a team who are going to go up automatically yet we won’t even get a chance to compete again, utterly obscene.

No mate the EFL stinks. They have lacked leadership. They have let the clubs dictate to them what is needed. Should have been the other way round.....!

The whole season should be null and void....! Not saying that because im a Sunderland fan but because that is the reality of the situation....!
I think the EFL have covered their own back if they get took to court their defence would be the clubs choose to abandon the season not us therefore no claim

much smaller population. most housing has spacious areas. dont know actual percentage of flats/ apartments used by population, but only 10% of new homes are flats.

a theory is emerging (which maybe complete bollocks, is that daylight affects the virus (as opposed to heat or the other extreme)

new zealand was also in summer period as opposed to uk being in winter and therefore more likely to catch flu.

truth is we will never know who played a blinder until all the results and reasonings are in, which may take several years yet

I also think the fact the country got closed down almost immediately after the first few cases played a HUGE role in how quickly they recovered

A majority of clubs who can get promoted want to play. It’s farcical but been obvious for a while it would end like this. I’m not renewing as I’ve had enough, this ridiculous ruling is the final straw for me. Doubt I will go again. Will just become an armchair fan, can’t ever get excited about football again as this just shows the adage of ‘where you are in May is what counts’ has been out on top of a bonfire. 3 points behind a team who are going to go up automatically yet we won’t even get a chance to compete again, utterly obscene.
.. We should boycott future Leauge cup Games ..

Clubs like the absolute sack of shit that is Wycombe.

I hope our fans remember this and those clubs who use this to feather their own nests are boycotted. Let's see how they deal without a guaranteed full away end when we play then, if money is so tight. Fuck them.
Also, charge their fans the maximum we possibly can when they play at our place, as most do with us.

I also think the fact the country got closed down almost immediately after the first few cases played a HUGE role in how quickly they recovered
easier to do with a smaller population. NZ has a pop of 5million. UK is in region of 65 million. uk also had hundred of thousands of citizens abroad who wanted to return. The NZ PM has obviously done a good job as the death count shows and I have also been impressed with her handling other issues. But with corona it is not as simple as comparing statistics.

as with lockdown it has to be done in such away that the population will abide by it. we are not a police state so timing is critical.

Last edited:
If one league can finish the season no reason why they all can't, or does Coronavirus only attack the lower league's.
Think their point (although I don't necessarily agree) is that the Championship clubs have enough money to be able to afford the testing and playing behind closed doors whereas the clubs in league 1 can't. Not sure how Coventry, Rotherham and Wycombe (should they win the playoffs) think they can't afford to finish this season but could play some, most or possibly all of next with testing in place and no fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back