15 out of 23 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

What I don't get, is teams who have no desire to finish this season and saying they can't afford to play behind closed doors, how are they going to be able to play next season?

Exactly. Are Rotherham and Wycombe (who have been most vocal) not going to start next season due to finance and "health reasons"?
Are they bollocks.

As much as Barton is a little rat, at least he wants a crack at going up on merit.

That shouldn't be allowed. If it ends, it should end and the top 3 go up.
I was always up for competition but now - bring on a PL2 with only promotion and relegation between the two leagues and membership on an invite basis i.e.who will make them the most in telly revenue (which would include us)
The rest can get to fuck
wont Wycombe go up then. they are now in 8th one place behind us. our form last year shows games in hand offers no certainty

Donald will be worrying about SC income but on the other hand he will be very happy thinking of the 40k a week saving after ditching all of the players with contracts expiring next month.

We'll just have to put our promising young un's in
wont Wycombe go up then. they are now in 8th one place behind us. our form last year shows games in hand offers no certainty

They're pushing for PPG, I think

Rotherham average attendance: 9,000
Wycombe: 5,000
Accrington: 3,000

Whoever is still in our league next year, don't make up 2,000 or so at our games against them.
If true then no one to blame but the owners and Manager. Shameful not even making top 6 with 8 games to go. SHAMEFUL!!!!

Agreed.Going from 6th to 8th after 5 months and a transfer window is shameful.

Last edited:
We'll just have to put our promising young un's in

They're pushing for PPG, I think

thats my reading. I caught part of five live last night, in which Tranmere have changed / amended there proposal. alas alexa had dropped out of wi-fi and by the time sorted, programme had changed. so never heard new proposal. not heard anything else about it.

Too late now anyway, when they get round to the vote it will be mid July before we could start anyway as the clubs would winge about needing a month to get fit.

Then the play offs would be finished in September. The vote should have gone ahead 3 weeks ago, but I think the EFL never wanted it to go on.

Just my opinion, but I reckon we'll be back in grounds come the Autumn.
I think you might be right mate. The more this thing goes on the more " oh fuck it
" goes on. I think they will wait to see if a 2nd wave comes or it never arrives. The idea of wait for a vaccine is on the back burner marra.

Too late now anyway, when they get round to the vote it will be mid July before we could start anyway as the clubs would winge about needing a month to get fit.

Then the play offs would be finished in September. The vote should have gone ahead 3 weeks ago, but I think the EFL never wanted it to go on.

Absolutely this. They’ve kicked the can so far down the road there is no way the season can be finished. Big question now is, does it get voided or do they come up with some shit way of deciding who goes up and down

Yeah it’s on the sky sports app. Thinks they deserve promotion because of where they are after 35 games 🙄

also says sides just above the relegation zone have no desire to finish the season.

this league stinks
In that case, because they cant agree it has to revert to the status quo , the season has to be completed surely?

Cant blame these clubs, they simply cant afford to do it, bit daft saying those voting end shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs either, will cost them a lot less money to play 3 games compared to the rest of the season. The season cant be voided for obvious reasons so if cant play the season out then ppg is the only practical solution.
:lol: New Member. Any chance of hearing your attempt at a Sunderland accent marra. You do know what marra means don’t you? Marra?

I think you might be right mate. The more this thing goes on the more " oh fuck it
" goes on. I think they will wait to see if a 2nd wave comes or it never arrives. The idea of wait for a vaccine is on the back burner marra.
According to the chief medical officer yesterday a second wave is pretty much guaranteed with any pandemic. It just depends on how bad it is I suppose.

Which aspect?
much smaller population. most housing has spacious areas. dont know actual percentage of flats/ apartments used by population, but only 10% of new homes are flats.

a theory is emerging (which maybe complete bollocks, is that daylight affects the virus (as opposed to heat or the other extreme)

new zealand was also in summer period as opposed to uk being in winter and therefore more likely to catch flu.

truth is we will never know who played a blinder until all the results and reasonings are in, which may take several years yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back