15 out of 23 teams

Any club that refuses to continue the season, should automatically be ruled out of competing in any playoffs and in the case of Rotherham, be kicked out of 2nd place as well. The playoffs/promotion should only be contested by teams who are willing to continue to play (by definition, regarding playoffs). I'd probably make an exception for Coventry because they are so far ahead and in exceptional form.

You can't on the one hand say, 'it is too unsafe/we can't afford to play 9 more games' but as long as the final table is contrived to squeeze them into the playoffs unjustly, all of a sudden it is 'oh, did we say we wouldn't play? Oh, what we meant is we don't want to play the remaining games as we'll not get in the playoffs that way. We'll definitely play 3 more games now though, as we can now afford to do that and playoff games are safer than league ones'...fuck that bullshit.

Last edited:

Anyone else hoping the season ends so we get a refund on the remaining home games? Depressing season from start to finish just want it over and start again whenever it’s safe

Anyone else hoping the season ends so we get a refund on the remaining home games? Depressing season from start to finish just want it over and start again whenever it’s safe
It is just depressing anyway. Heading for a 3rd season in a garbage league that, and the novelty completely wore off about halfway through the 1st season. I rarely even get excited when we score, unless it is a late goal etc, because the opposition are so amateurish is every way that it feels like a disgrace that we are even entertaining 'FC Dinkleberry' and their 27 fans on a level playing field (in the same league).

If Luton and Barnsley come down it’ll be a harder league next year imo. Especially now we’d have even less money. The teams that are going up simply aren’t that good too.

Our squad is far stronger than it was last season in my opinion. If we decide to keep all our players again like we did the last time we was relegated then I think we’ll be right up there at the top, and probably the team to beat.

As has been said a good few times on here and is one of the proposed solutions.....

If clubs don't want to play then that's fine. They forfeit the game 3-0. Teams who want to play on do so as normal so our game v Peterborough for instance would go ahead.

The Rotherham chairman would very quickly change his mind if that was the ruling.
That is the way it should be. What is wrong with the league bosses?

Back