15 games left we are on 48 points I recon we are going to have to win

At least 12 of the 15 games if not more to do it, 12 wins would give us 84 points. Barnsley finished 2nd on 91 points last season but that was over 46 games not 44
Are we good enough to win 12 from 15?

A few weeks back I said that we needed to win 16 out of remaining 20 games i.e. an 80% win rate. If you look at where you reckon we are now needing to win 12 of our remaining 15 -its still an 80% win rate.

Its a big ask but I suppose we seem to be on course as the % of wins required hasn't got higher - early days though.

Will be tough but our lack of a goal scorer is balanced by a strong defense - if we can continue to keep it tight and keep squeaking goals, it’s certainly achievable.

You have to remember the teams above us still have to play each other as well, they have to be consistent also, the fact that we are hard to score against Portsmouth aside gives us a great chance.

Our strikers need to contribute goals. If they do we will go up. If they don’t then we deservedly won’t.

The strikers at the club ought to be ashamed of themselves tbh

We could be like Charlton last year, mentally prepared for the play offs with a few weeks to go.

The problem we had last year was having to push hard for 2nd in the last few weeks of the season and then being a bit flat in the play offs....luckily Pompey were also flat.

Not sure if this will work on here visually but it's the top 10 grid of results and games left against each other.

TEAM
Rot
Wyc
Pet
Cov
Por
Sun
Ips
Don
Fle
Oxf
Rotherham
XXX
0-1
4-0
4-0
---
---
1-0
---
2-2
1-2
Wycombe
---
XXX
3-3
1-4
1-0
1-0
1-1
1-0
---
---
Peterbro
2-1
4-0
XXX
2-2
---
3-0
2-2
0-3
1-3
4-0
Coventry
---
---
---
XXX
---
---
1-1
1-1
2-1
---
Portsmouth
3-2
2-0
2-2
3-3
XXX
2-0
1-0
---
---
1-1
Sunderland
1-1
4-0
---
1-1
2-1
XXX
1-0
0-0
---
1-1
Ipswich
0-2
0-0
1-4
---
---
1-1
XXX
0-0
---
---
Doncaster
2-1
---
2-0
0-1
1-2
1-2
---
XXX
3-2
1-0
Fleetwood
---
1-1
---
0-0
---
1-1
0-1
2-1
XXX
2-1
Oxford
1-3
1-0
1-0
3-3
---
---
0-0
3-0
---
XXX

You can see that we now have 5 games against the other 9 top teams around us, 2 at home to Peterbro and 3 away to Rotherham (last game of season), Coventry and Oxford and 10 games against teams 11th or below. Coventry still have the top 5 around them to play against at home.

Rotherham 6 (3/3) so 8 against others
Wycombe 5 (3/2) so 9 against others
Peterbro 4 (1/3) so 9 against others
Coventry 7 (6/1) so 9 against others
Portsmouth 8 (2/6) so 8 against others
Sunderland 5 (2/3) so 10 against others
Ipswich 5(4/1) so 9 against others
Doncaster 4 (2/2) so 11 against others
Fleetwood 8 (3/5) so 8 against others
Oxford 6 (3/3) so 10 against others

There's plenty more shite to spout but one fact is that this means fuck all as basically owt could happen! :lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be a downer here but we’re not ready to get promoted, IMO. We don’t have a squad that’s growing into the Championship and we don’t have owners that can buy higher standard players. Luton and Barnsley are 24th & 23rd, propping up the Championship...just saying.

Playing catch up you cant afford dropping points at home to Doncaster then losing at Portsmouth. Weve got too much to do to catch the top 2 especially with our goal shy strikers

Thing is though, despite this we are still well in-touch.

It's a far weaker division than it was last year and I'd say it's out of ourselves, Rotherham, Pompey and Coventry for top 2.

You'd have to say probably not good enough to win 12 out of 15, hope we do, but I have my reservations
Agree, more like 8 out of 15 with 2-3 losses and the rest draws. Everything, average points per game, form, previous seasons, common sense, says nailed on play offs.

I reckon you will finish in the play offs.
Would take this due to your indifferent start.

Ironically i would be more confident this time than last
in the final last year I was biting my nails all the way through
we were always hanging on
Parky has a different attitude and i for one like it
He and the team will give it a proper go

Back