Saturday 25 April 2020
League One
15:00Sunderland

Accrington
Sunday 3 May 2020
League One
15:00Rotherham

Sunderland

I see us only losing 2 at most out of those remaining fixtures, how many we win is anyone's guess, but really aside from Peterborough, Rotherham, and maybe Coventry, we simply should be beating them comfortably.

Minus Bury of course. We must have an re arranged game missing there?
Just got me crystal ball out, 26pts from that lot.

At least 12 of the 15 games if not more to do it, 12 wins would give us 84 points. Barnsley finished 2nd on 91 points last season but that was over 46 games not 44
Are we good enough to win 12 from 15?
Last season has nowt to do with this season's required point given that the top teams this season aren't pulling away as much. Barnsley already had 6 more points than current 2nd place this season after 30 games. I'd reckon the points for 2nd will be nearer 80 points than 90. At the current rate of points per game this is roughly what each team would get. The last game of the season could be interesting.

Rotherham 82
Coventry 80
Portsmouth 79
Wycombe 78
Peterbro 74
Sunderland 73
Fleetwood 71
Ipswich 70
Oxford 69
Doncaster 68

Last edited by a moderator:
At least 12 of the 15 games if not more to do it, 12 wins would give us 84 points. Barnsley finished 2nd on 91 points last season but that was over 46 games not 44

No- we dont have a goal scorer, I will say it again but we go up next season and piss it

Although we need too. I don’t think we’ll go up this season. Just think Rotherham, Portsmouth and Coventry are the best teams in this league. I think we’ll be much better equipped next season

we probably wont have to as there was really only 4 teams with a chance of automatic promotion last year but this year there are 8.. stands to reason promotion rivaks are going to take points off each other as we have expereienced the last 2 weekends

This League One reminds me a bit of the 95/96 Division 1 when we got promotion under Reid - all the top teams finished with many fewer points than usual and we didn’t have a really high scoring striker. We were, however, much stronger compared to most of that division than we are this year.

80 points will be enough for second place at least I think. Still think it'll be play offs mind, this month will be season defining.

We are in a worse position but playing better(Imo) and no other competitions to distract us.

It should be close and hopefully be in our hands against Rotherham last game of the season.

Portsmouth have looked average when I've seen them too, yet many on here are holding them up on a pedestal, despite them being only 2 points ahead of us. The same goes for Coventry, they very nearly drew against Bolton the other day and are only 3 points ahead of us. Both clubs have had their managers for 4 seasons, Parkinson is less than 6 months in the job and still working on the side, getting us playing how he wants us to play. We'll continue to improve as the new players bed in and I think we'll finish stronger than the teams around us.
Fair enough

To do it, we need to be much more prolific in front of goal. We also still have the 'away teams FA cup final' factor which in my opinion goes against us rather than for us. Even the officials seem to have this "I won't be swayed by your big crowd" attitude. But hopefully we can do .. I want out this league this season.

Back