14th June Stats

How are they increasing? The numbers reported have been the same for 4 days.

And all the crack was that admissions and deaths would follow cases, fair enough. But cases have already peaked. So even if those first 2 follow, we're going to get a slight increase over the next few weeks and then it'll plateau too
Why do you think cases have peaked? The 7 day average is still going up, or is today the day?

There are lacking numbers about hospitalisations, but they were going up at the last full figures.

How are they increasing? The numbers reported have been the same for 4 days.

And all the crack was that admissions and deaths would follow cases, fair enough. But cases have already peaked. So even if those first 2 follow, we're going to get a slight increase over the next few weeks and then it'll plateau too
Hospitalisations are definitely going up. They were around 100 at the end of May, now are at nearly 200 and are going to keep increasing over the next couple of weeks if the trend keeps going as it has over the last fortnight.

Bit early to say we've peaked as well. It's slowed down, which is great, but I don't think we can say that cases are going to start decreasing.

3 deaths today. Beyond crap this now. Save lives done, stop serious illness yep done, protect the nhs yep done. Get most of the country vaccinated, yep done. Ah sorry the goalposts have changed again, now we can’t have cases high, even though it’s not hurting or killing people, and the vaccines work, no stay in prison for longer.

Pathetic.
7 day average is still a small increase on 10 days ago and most of the country is not vaccinated. About one third is filly done and past the 21 day period.

7 day average is still a small increase on 10 days ago and most of the country is not vaccinated. About one third is filly done and past the 21 day period.

Yeah just ignore of the other points I raised.

I’m not a conspiracy nut or a vaccine nut. I’ve been jabbed twice, I’ve followed the rules since the beginning.

However this is now pathetic. It’s gone from saving the nhs and saving lives, to pretty much wanting 0 covid.

Yeah just ignore of the other points I raised.

I’m not a conspiracy nut or a vaccine nut. I’ve been jabbed twice, I’ve followed the rules since the beginning.

However this is now pathetic. It’s gone from saving the nhs and saving lives, to pretty much wanting 0 covid.

It hasn't really. Whitty said tonight that when they open up cases would be high.

The Indian variant has just spooked them so are just wanting that extra 10m people jabbed

So now we have an absolute date. It’s changed from no earlier than 21st June to no later than 19th July. It could be sooner but it’s difficult to say if it’s the right decision or not at the moment. Those admitted to hospital will likely rise but if it’s mainly younger people who are unvaccinated, hopefully it means the hospital stay is short and not too serious so the death rate won’t increase. Fingers crossed.

According to this it’s 14 days after 2nd jab for full protection, I’m sure I’d read 7 days but I must have been wrong.

So now we have an absolute date. It’s changed from no earlier than 21st June to no later than 19th July. It could be sooner but it’s difficult to say if it’s the right decision or not at the moment. Those admitted to hospital will likely rise but if it’s mainly younger people who are unvaccinated, hopefully it means the hospital stay is short and not too serious so the death rate won’t increase. Fingers crossed.
Did he say that? Can't see it mentioned on the bbc anyway.

3 deaths today. Beyond crap this now. Save lives done, stop serious illness yep done, protect the nhs yep done. Get most of the country vaccinated, yep done. Ah sorry the goalposts have changed again, now we can’t have cases high, even though it’s not hurting or killing people, and the vaccines work, no stay in prison for longer.

Pathetic.
Unless you work in one of the effected industries, the current restrictions are hardly a prison. Really don't know what every one is crying about. It's not like we are being put back into lockdown. What did you want to do that you can't? Don't say go in somewhere with no social distancing or mask as they were never going to be scrapped on the 21st. Holidays? Even if the government said you can go,, cases are that high that most other countries don't want people from the UK to come. Honestly the amount of wet knickered fannies on here is ridiculous.

[/QUOTE]
You only just realised that🤫. Keep it quiet we don't want people to know that. We got it covered even if all adults are double jabbed. Remember the vaccine isn't 100% successful at stopping deaths or hospitalisations so we can use that to keep restrictions when vaccine has been rolled out to all adults.

Unless you work in one of the effected industries, the current restrictions are hardly a prison. Really don't know what every one is crying about. It's not like we are being put back into lockdown. What did you want to do that you can't? Don't say go in somewhere with no social distancing or mask as they were never going to be scrapped on the 21st. Holidays? Even if the government said you can go,, cases are that high that most other countries don't want people from the UK to come. Honestly the amount of wet knickered fannies on here is ridiculous.

I’ve read this a few times and I completely disagree. It’s the complete lack of freedom. The chew that comes with going out anywhere takes away a great deal of the fun.

Constantly being asked if you’ve booked, to check into an nhs app, or sign in, then (in most places) wait a ridiculous amount of time for food, drink or whatever you have ordered makes it a complete ball ache.

I completely appreciate there’s gonna be restrictions until we have beat the virus completely. But there’s so many little things that drain the enjoyment.

I’ll give a couple of specific examples. I have a 10 month old, it would be nice, if when we take him out, and he gets hungry or needs changing, we could walk into a place for a coffee, order and sit down, or take him into baby changing. Instead we have to wait in queues because the waitress are in inexperienced, or it takes ages to check or sign in, and there’s less capacity in the place because things are closed.

Another example, the euros are on, sometimes when I’m finished work, and I’m free for say an hour or two, I’d love to think, yeah I’ll go and have a pint and watch the match. Just a quiet one, two at a push while I’ve got nothing on. We can’t just do that. It becomes a have you booked, check in to the app, we have no tables, you can’t come to the bar. It sucks and drains the life out of the experience and makes it a chore just to get a pint and watch some football.

So yes we can do things, but it’s a fart on to actually do a lot of them. That to me isn’t freedom.

I’ve read this a few times and I completely disagree. It’s the complete lack of freedom. The chew that comes with going out anywhere takes away a great deal of the fun.

Constantly being asked if you’ve booked, to check into an nhs app, or sign in, then (in most places) wait a ridiculous amount of time for food, drink or whatever you have ordered makes it a complete ball ache.

I completely appreciate there’s gonna be restrictions until we have beat the virus completely. But there’s so many little things that drain the enjoyment.

I’ll give a couple of specific examples. I have a 10 month old, it would be nice, if when we take him out, and he gets hungry or needs changing, we could walk into a place for a coffee, order and sit down, or take him into baby changing. Instead we have to wait in queues because the waitress are in inexperienced, or it takes ages to check or sign in, and there’s less capacity in the place because things are closed.

Another example, the euros are on, sometimes when I’m finished work, and I’m free for say an hour or two, I’d love to think, yeah I’ll go and have a pint and watch the match. Just a quiet one, two at a push while I’ve got nothing on. We can’t just do that. It becomes a have you booked, check in to the app, we have no tables, you can’t come to the bar. It sucks and drains the life out of the experience and makes it a chore just to get a pint and watch some football.

So yes we can do things, but it’s a fart on to actually do a lot of them. That to me isn’t freedom.

millions of tiny examples that when expressed in isolation make you sound like a complete fanny, but when accumulated across the country, it really makes for a way of life nowhere near as free as what we need. another small example:

my lass went to blackpool with her mates at the weekend. couldnt get in anywhere as they are all reduced capacity, no mingling, no dancing, no going to the bar, no karaoke etc.. they all knew that already but went anyway, had a good time, but wouldnt bother again. they ended up buying drink from the shop and having a beach party saturday night when they couldnt get in anywhere ... they went to the pleasure beach, the queue for the pepsi-max was 4 hours. the bloke said it would normally be an hour, but the roller-coaster is at massively reduced capacity, and they have to clean it after every ride, and the queue is massively spaced out, the whole thing is running about 25% as efficient as normal. so punters lose out as they either have to queue for 4 hours or not bother, and the establishment loses out as even going full bore they can only take 25% of their normal takings, on a hot June saturday afternoon. it simply wouldnt survive like that.

project these small examples over the entire country and it really paints a sad picture of what life will be like if we never get out of this. and people saying 'it isnt that bad' can fuck right off

for a start - imagine no away games ever again. no mini-bus with the lads at 7am, no packed concourse and away ends and pubs. fuck that

Last edited:
millions of tiny examples that when expressed in isolation make you sound like a complete fanny, but when accumulated across the country, it really makes for a way of life nowhere near as free as what we need. another small example:

my lass went to blackpool with her mates at the weekend. couldnt get in anywhere as they are all reduced capacity, no mingling, no dancing, no going to the bar, no karaoke etc.. they all knew that already but went anyway, had a good time, but wouldnt bother again. they ended up buying drink from the shop and having a beach party saturday night when they couldnt get in anywhere ... they went to the pleasure beach, the queue for the pepsi-max was 4 hours. the bloke said it would normally be an hour, but the roller-coaster is at massively reduced capacity, and they have to clean it after every ride, and the queue is massively spaced out, the whole thing is running about 25% as efficient as normal. so punters lose out as they either have to queue for 4 hours or not bother, and the establishment loses out as even going full bore they can only take 25% of their normal takings, on a hot June saturday afternoon. it simply wouldnt survive like that.

project these small examples over the entire country and it really paints a sad picture of what life will be like if we never get out of this. and people saying 'it isnt that bad' can fuck right off

for a start - imagine no away games ever again. no mini-bus with the lads at 7am, no packed concourse and away ends and pubs. fuck that

Yep I agree, I don’t think it makes anyone sound like a fanny either mate.

Yes we can do things, but it’s at a reduced capacity, the service is shit, there’s less available, and it’s nothing like it used to be. That’s not being able to do what you want no matter how it’s dressed up.

Yep I agree, I don’t think it makes anyone sound like a fanny either mate.

Yes we can do things, but it’s at a reduced capacity, the service is shit, there’s less available, and it’s nothing like it used to be. That’s not being able to do what you want no matter how it’s dressed up.
The thing that gets to me is the constant uncertainty (and I get that that’s driven by this novel virus that keeps changing itself once we think we have a handle on it)

If the powers that be were to say “Right we now know 75 percent of the population must be vaccinated to remove restrictions, those that refuse will have to provide a disclaimer and those that can’t and are still vulnerable must take the stated Conditions)”

it would give us a certainty. But at the end of the day they can’t give this as they don’t know this themselves and if they were to do this they would be taking a massive gamble with lives.

I want to see the vaccination effort go through the roof and this proper way of counting cases in hospital going forward. In four weeks time things will be a lot clearer data wise hopefully

I was all for lockdown until we had the means to protect people and with a fantastic all round effort that we should all be proud off, we did it.

I also understand that the delta version of the virus spooked people and i was happy for a tiny delay to see data that proves the vaccine works, well the slides point that way and it does seem the link is broken between cases and deaths.

2 weeks delay would have been enough as an extra safety net to be double sure, i personally don't think its needed but could live with that, but 4 weeks with a load of ifs and butts has me concerned that the figures will extend it again as it seems the goalposts have been moved.

When do we trust the vaccine and get on with our life's?

I said from day one, unless it became more like Spanish flu ( killing the young ) all we needed to do was jab the 40+ to beat the virus and be able to live with it, I mean its getting to the point where being on the road is more dangerous then being out and about to catch covid. We have to get used to the fact we have to live with covid, a few people will die from it, a few will get ill, just like many other diseases out there.

I was all for lockdown until we had the means to protect people and with a fantastic all round effort that we should all be proud off, we did it.

I also understand that the delta version of the virus spooked people and i was happy for a tiny delay to see data that proves the vaccine works, well the slides point that way and it does seem the link is broken between cases and deaths.

2 weeks delay would have been enough as an extra safety net to be double sure, i personally don't think its needed but could live with that, but 4 weeks with a load of ifs and butts has me concerned that the figures will extend it again as it seems the goalposts have been moved.

When do we trust the vaccine and get on with our life's?

I said from day one, unless it became more like Spanish flu ( killing the young ) all we needed to do was jab the 40+ to beat the virus and be able to live with it, I mean its getting to the point where being on the road is more dangerous then being out and about to catch covid. We have to get used to the fact we have to live with covid, a few people will die from it, a few will get ill, just like many other diseases out there.

Too many were getting too focused on the 21st june. For the final lifting it should have been based on number of people being double jabbed from the start.

Hospitalisations are creeping up, but the vast majority of cases are in the unvaccinated. So this delay is purely to get more over 50's double jabbed.

Whilst the government cocked up with India, the vaccine refusers are as much to blame as the government.

Too many were getting too focused on the 21st june. For the final lifting it should have been based on number of people being double jabbed from the start.

Hospitalisations are creeping up, but the vast majority of cases are in the unvaccinated. So this delay is purely to get more over 50's double jabbed.

Whilst the government cocked up with India, the vaccine refusers are as much to blame as the government.
I agree vaccine refusers are part of the problem.

Back