14th June Stats

I was all for lockdown until we had the means to protect people and with a fantastic all round effort that we should all be proud off, we did it.

I also understand that the delta version of the virus spooked people and i was happy for a tiny delay to see data that proves the vaccine works, well the slides point that way and it does seem the link is broken between cases and deaths.

2 weeks delay would have been enough as an extra safety net to be double sure, i personally don't think its needed but could live with that, but 4 weeks with a load of ifs and butts has me concerned that the figures will extend it again as it seems the goalposts have been moved.

When do we trust the vaccine and get on with our life's?

I said from day one, unless it became more like Spanish flu ( killing the young ) all we needed to do was jab the 40+ to beat the virus and be able to live with it, I mean its getting to the point where being on the road is more dangerous then being out and about to catch covid. We have to get used to the fact we have to live with covid, a few people will die from it, a few will get ill, just like many other diseases out there.

Spot on, living our lives on a what if for something which is no longer deadly and is under control.

4 weeks extra restrictions for that man get fooked
So that Wiseman woman who is the director of Public Health in Gateshead has just said that the 4 week delay was essential and will save lives but you know better?? Pity you didn't apply for her job as I am sure that your experience and knowledge would be priceless
I’ve read this a few times and I completely disagree. It’s the complete lack of freedom. The chew that comes with going out anywhere takes away a great deal of the fun.

Constantly being asked if you’ve booked, to check into an nhs app, or sign in, then (in most places) wait a ridiculous amount of time for food, drink or whatever you have ordered makes it a complete ball ache.

I completely appreciate there’s gonna be restrictions until we have beat the virus completely. But there’s so many little things that drain the enjoyment.

I’ll give a couple of specific examples. I have a 10 month old, it would be nice, if when we take him out, and he gets hungry or needs changing, we could walk into a place for a coffee, order and sit down, or take him into baby changing. Instead we have to wait in queues because the waitress are in inexperienced, or it takes ages to check or sign in, and there’s less capacity in the place because things are closed.

Another example, the euros are on, sometimes when I’m finished work, and I’m free for say an hour or two, I’d love to think, yeah I’ll go and have a pint and watch the match. Just a quiet one, two at a push while I’ve got nothing on. We can’t just do that. It becomes a have you booked, check in to the app, we have no tables, you can’t come to the bar. It sucks and drains the life out of the experience and makes it a chore just to get a pint and watch some football.

So yes we can do things, but it’s a fart on to actually do a lot of them. That to me isn’t freedom.
Its not prison either

Last edited:
I agree vaccine refusers are part of the problem.
Precisely - they have caused much of this shit but still enjoy the same “freedom “as the jabbed.
They should have restrictions imposed on them ….. for the greater good - just like us jabbers who did it “ for the greater good “.

Precisely - they have caused much of this shit but still enjoy the same “freedom “as the jabbed.
They should have restrictions imposed on them ….. for the greater good - just like us jabbers who did it “ for the greater good “.

The worse ones are the ones who then have the nerve complain about restrictions. They are effectively voting for further restrictions :rolleyes:

Bring on vaccination passports I say.

Any data for Durham?

Saw approx 35-40 students waiting to get tested today near to Stephenson College.

Also students in 3 houses in the same street currently in isolation as they've tested positive.

Back