14th January Stats

You can't spend your life worrying about things that may or may not happen.

Got to trust that the vaccines and boosters will be enough to cope with anything that comes along and start getting on with life as normal again.

And by 'normal' I mean pre-Covid normal.

Thats never going to happen now and maybe its a good thing tbf. WFH for example makes perfect sense.

I love your optimistism mate, but do you really believe that it's soon to be all over?
This wave yes, but don't you see another variant coming along and we'll be back to square one?
Maybe another variant will come, but it won't neccerserily be worse than Omicron. Viruses go with nature, whilst we run around like headless chickens, but we can't hide forever.
I still think over a period of a year we will get back to practically pre covid normal.
Global trade, over population, everyone craving stuff...let's hope we don't go back to that.
Thats never going to happen now and maybe its a good thing tbf. WFH for example makes perfect sense.
What is WFH?

Last edited:
Maybe another variant will come, but it won't neccerserily be worse than Omicron. Viruses go with nature, whilst we run around like headless chickens, but we can't hide forever.

Global trade, over population, everyone craving stuff...let's hope we don't go back to that.

What is WFH?
Working from home.

Not sure that the "deaths for any reason within 28 days" figure is any use any more. I had COVID over Christmas but if I died in a traffic accident tomorrow I would be counted in the stats.

You might be right. I hope you're wrong.

WFH was becoming increasingly common prior to the pandemic. At our place there was something already in the pipeline to encourage hybrid working. The pandemic has just sped up a few things that were happening anyway.

Obviously not all places will follow this route, but now that it's been shown that people can work from home effectively it gives the employee more choice and hopefully reduces the amount of Londoncentrism in the jobs market

WFH was becoming increasingly common prior to the pandemic. At our place there was something already in the pipeline to encourage hybrid working. The pandemic has just sped up a few things that were happening anyway.

Obviously not all places will follow this route, but now that it's been shown that people can work from home effectively it gives the employee more choice and hopefully reduces the amount of Londoncentrism in the jobs market
Hybrid working is the way forward, but we are starting to see more wanting to come back into the office regularly. Londoncentrism is on its way back. Some of the big firms amazingly are expanding their office space. Take a look at Google for example. They were big proponents of remote working early on but seemed to changed tack slightly.

Hybrid working is the way forward, but we are starting to see more wanting to come back into the office regularly. Londoncentrism is on its way back. Some of the big firms amazingly are expanding their office space. Take a look at Google for example. They were big proponents of remote working early on but seemed to changed tack slightly.
Driving our lass crazy this WFH lark

Drives me mad, I’m on calls all day from
Home, then from
4 pm you get people on calls in their cars and the gym. Ask them to present their screen and it’s oh I can’t at the mo. Piss takers
It's a license to take the piss out of employees.

Google are speeding over a billion on a new building next to Kings Cross so they are hardly likely to want people to work from home. For them it's all about face to face collaboration.

We are going in the opposite direction. Just this morning there was an email from Facilities saying that we are reducing office space and they are auctioning off office furniture and equipment to staff. Bit cheeky that - you've sat at a desk for years but you have to pay to take it home. We will be left with a smaller office with fewer desks and a couple of meeting rooms

Back