147th OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP

Musicman

Striker
Looking forward to The Open this week. Just checked the weather over the 4 days and it doesnt seem to be too bad, no strong winds anyway which can be a disaster at Carnoustie.

My bets are Alex Noren 33/1 and T Olesen at 66/1.

No yanks I hope

gone for a bit of a splatter board which worked for me at the US Open

Garcia
Fleetwood
Grace
Mickelson
Noren
Ryan fox

small e/w on Cink and Norris

Hard not to back Fleetwood round here taking previous into consideration.

Other than that I'll be backing Zach Johnson + Marc Leishman

If anyone is interested in entering a competition let me know and i'll pass on details. Its £20 (£10 towards prize, £10 to charity) Guy has raised over £500k in his life for charity, and does this for every major and a few others. Basically pick 4 players (only 2 for the list he provides of the 'favorites') and the lowest combined score wins. Bonus points for lowest round and overall winner etc, if your player misses cut then they get highest round score. Usually around £800-£1000 prize pot. He sends out the updated scores every night to keep a track.

If anyone is interested in entering a competition let me know and i'll pass on details. Its £20 (£10 towards prize, £10 to charity) Guy has raised over £500k in his life for charity, and does this for every major and a few others. Basically pick 4 players (only 2 for the list he provides of the 'favorites') and the lowest combined score wins. Bonus points for lowest round and overall winner etc, if your player misses cut then they get highest round score. Usually around £800-£1000 prize pot. He sends out the updated scores every night to keep a track.
Pm me the details please

I lied, 75% goes to pot, 25% to the 2 charitys

2 or 3 of my mates signed up as well marra

gone for a bit of a splatter board which worked for me at the US Open

Garcia
Fleetwood
Grace
Mickelson
Noren
Ryan fox

small e/w on Cink and Norris

Out of curiosity, you follow the Sporting Life tips by Ben Coley? Very similar selections to yours, save for a couple.

Not a criticism if so, all my bets are basically following him. I'm rubbish at picking my own so routinely follow his for some interest.

Out of curiosity, you follow the Sporting Life tips by Ben Coley? Very similar selections to yours, save for a couple.

Not a criticism if so, all my bets are basically following him. I'm rubbish at picking my own so routinely follow his for some interest.
No no all mine! ;)
Used use golfpuntersguide.com, won a fair bit with them but they went to shit
Now do coleys and a few of my own. Fox been going great last few weeks. 100/1 was ridiculous

Langer e/w course is so dry it'll put him on a par with the big hitters who'll be clubbing down and with his golfing nous he's in with a chance of a place and 500/1 is worth a tickle

Heading up on Friday night for the weekend, first time at Carnoustie and can’t wait.

Just having the one bet on Justin Thomas at 25/1...not a huge amount of links experience but been shit hot on the PGA tour the last couple of years and dry, hard conditions will suit him.

Back