13th June Stats

85% of the total population or adult population?

Genuine question, not having a dig. Just trying to gauge a rough date of when that might be.

Ideally the population.

However, as kids don't seem to suffer with it or spread it significantly then I reckon 85% of over 16s would do.

Taken as a genuine question, I am assuming the total population but I could be wrong.

Jesus, we are miles away from that.

Roll on 2022!
Ideally the population.

However, as kids don't seem to suffer with it or spread it significantly then I reckon 85% of over 16s would do.

I would’ve thought the adult population should suffice but who knows at this point. I’m

Last edited:
Jesus, we are miles away from that.

Roll on 2022!

I would’ve thought the adult population should suffice but who knows at this point. I’m
That’s not to say that we have to wait until we get to that figure, but that we need to be getting towards it.

Genuine question, not having a dig. Just trying to gauge a rough date of when that might be.
I find
a useful resource. That puts the current numbers as 79.2% first dose and 56.9% fully done. I think that is closer to 40% fully done + the 21 days.

If you google 'uk covid cases' then you get a number of dashboards. Scroll down to the vaccinations, you get 62.3% and 44.7%. To give an idea of progress, 21 day ago that was 57.1% and 34.4%. So in 3 weeks we have done just over 5% of the population with the first dose and 10% second doses. The main focus has been on second doses for a while, but will clearly be shifting soon as second doses catch up with first.

At the same rate, in another 3 weeks we should be looking at roughly 68% first doses and 55% fully done. That is over two thirds of the population with at least one jab and well over half fully done (some still within the 21 days).

This extra four weeks takes us to the point the schools break up for summer too, likely less mixing for the non adult part of the population.

Ideally the population.

They may not tend to get ill but they definitely spread it - the problem is that because they are often asymptomatic we don't even find out, and (my anecodotal view is that) the majority of secondary school kids aren't even bothering with the twice-weekly testing they're meant to be doing. I am saying this from a household that it (Delta variant) has just ripped through starting with one of the kids who brought it home from school, and now spread to siblings and the (vaccinated) adults. Symptoms exactly like this by the way: Headache and runny nose linked to Delta variant, not the traditional Covid ones we're normally on the lookout for.

They may not tend to get ill but they definitely spread it - the problem is that because they are often asymptomatic we don't even find out, and (my anecodotal view is that) the majority of secondary school kids aren't even bothering with the twice-weekly testing they're meant to be doing. I am saying this from a household that it (Delta variant) has just ripped through starting with one of the kids who brought it home from school, and now spread to siblings and the (vaccinated) adults. Symptoms exactly like this by the way: Headache and runny nose linked to Delta variant, not the traditional Covid ones we're normally on the lookout for.

When I say kids - I mean up to 9/10.

They don't seem to spread in any significant numbers.

I find
a useful resource. That puts the current numbers as 79.2% first dose and 56.9% fully done. I think that is closer to 40% fully done + the 21 days.

If you google 'uk covid cases' then you get a number of dashboards. Scroll down to the vaccinations, you get 62.3% and 44.7%. To give an idea of progress, 21 day ago that was 57.1% and 34.4%. So in 3 weeks we have done just over 5% of the population with the first dose and 10% second doses. The main focus has been on second doses for a while, but will clearly be shifting soon as second doses catch up with first.

At the same rate, in another 3 weeks we should be looking at roughly 68% first doses and 55% fully done. That is over two thirds of the population with at least one jab and well over half fully done (some still within the 21 days).
I'm sure with the Pfiezer jab it's only 7 days after the second jab until full protection...I assume AZ is similar but I could be wrong.

Back