132 new homes approved for Vaux and Riverside Sunderland Area

That's what I see every time a new load of houses are going up.
It's absolute bollocks.

They're not building "affordable" housing anymore because there's no money in it for them.
If I won Euromillions big style, I'd be tempted to buy some land to build an estate of actually affordable homes for people.
It wouldn't stop people moaning about things mind, but it might mean there's one less new estate of 3 bedroom vertical shoeboxes that are "detached" because there's a 2ft gap between the houses but you can still hear each other take a dump
But you’re moaning about unaffordable houses you don’t yet know the price of 😂

Find me a new housing estate with prices less than £140,000 - even that might be a stretch for many first time buyers. You're looking at needing a £20K deposit.
First time buyers don't need a new house.
I find the rule about a percentage of new builds being 'affordable' a bit of a nonsense, but if they are affordable to someone who wants to move onto the second rung of the ladder, it then frees up affordable properties for first time buyers.

I find the rule about a percentage of new builds being 'affordable' a bit of a nonsense, but if they are affordable to someone who wants to move onto the second rung of the ladder, it then frees up affordable properties for first time buyers.

This is the thing as someone said earlier. They're "affordable to someone". Just not the majority.

Don't bring logic and common sense to the table! People clearly want a whinge 😄

It's just fantastic to see development of Sunderland accelerating at an exciting pace. Not everyone will like or agree with all of the developments but we should all agree that we don't want Sunderland to stagnate.
I’m sick of all the developments now mind. Had enough and moving away. f***ing council wankers.

Baffling to think first time buyers should expect to be able to afford a new build like.

Not really, most of them have brand new phones, expensive cars on extortionate HP agreements, and are 'living the life' on facey, tiktok and insta. Just an extension (no pun intended) of that.

You could argue that it's all about budgeting, but in some cases they've needed to get a car for work etc on HP because they weren't able to save up to buy one.
That's arguable until you point out that there's many cars they could buy for a fraction of the price of a new one, but then it comes down to tax, insurance etc...

Life comes along and hoys some bills at them they weren't expecting and bang goes their savings. I can vouch for that.
Baffling to think first time buyers should expect to be able to afford a new build like.

Agreed. The "Help to Buy" scheme is another massive con too.

Not really, most of them have brand new phones, expensive cars on extortionate HP agreements, and are 'living the life' on facey, tiktok and insta. Just an extension (no pun intended) of that.
Certainly need Finance Fundamentals to be taught at School.

Was it? Don't know a lot about it but seemed a decent deal to me on the face of it.

Friend of ours took them up on it. She's ended up needing to pay the deposit back - which I think is a stipulation - but an extra helping on top as the house has gone up in value.
if I can get the whole tale, I'll put it up, but I think that's the gist

Back