13 years ago, the Keano bandwagon keeps rolling along....

I was in my parents house watching this. The highlight was this.

My mam: I knew if I stopped watching and went for a walk we'd score 2 goals and win.

My dad: Yeah, Roy Keane said that was the the turning point.

One of my most enjoyable games that season was Derby losing at Palace a couple of days after we beat Burnley. Sealing promotion. Billy Davies’ face was a picture :lol:
Another one is Tony Mowbray bitter bastard saying after we beat them down there 'we will finish ahead of Sunderland' ended up blowing promotion in the playoffs. It was a terrific season especially after how badly we started it.

..... down at St Mary's.

Southampton was not a happy hunting ground for Safc and it looked for a while that fact would continue as we went 1 nil down despite playing quite well.

However, faced with the possibility of the Keano stare at full time, Granty hit a beaut to equalise, and then the scene was set for Carlos to strike a late, trademark beauty to keep us in top spot and send the large away contingent back home in a buoyant mood.

Aaaah, happy days.

La la la la la la la
La la la la
KEAAAAAAAANNNNNNOOOOOOO
One of my best away games ever - well worth the very long trip😁

Another one is Tony Mowbray bitter bastard saying after we beat them down there 'we will finish ahead of Sunderland' ended up blowing promotion in the playoffs. It was a terrific season especially after how badly we started it.
Magical season lots of late goal drama massive away following and Keano being Keano.

Stern John's header infront of us was brill.
Nearly didn't get to game as fatal car crash on A1 in North Yorks.

When people were saying about having their club back and being proud etc last season, I kept thinking back to that season under Keane. We'd had two record low points tallies in 3 seasons prior to his arrival and the lifting of the mood was incredible.

I dont actually know what 'having our club back' really means, but if it means anything, the promotion season under Keane with Quinn at the top fits the bill and that seasons renders anything weve recently experienced as completely insignificant.

Back