13 year old lad hung himself near ours last night.

Errr, guilty m'lord. :lol:
No one knows man and it's pointless speculating - that's the job for the enquiry.

The thing is that it could have been anything that set the bairn on this course. A mate of mine's son tied to kill himself over a lass at school only two years older than the age we're discussing here. Tragic but luckily he survived a bloody good go at it.

The thing is that in our teen years we are susceptible to everything. At that age we feel every emotion stronger...there's nothing as hard as that first broken heart - it's like a knife wound. And that applies equally to bullying as well as anything else. We develop mental tools through those years to help us along as we get older.

As said before, suicide is a condition that is like a spiral. Adults find it difficult enough to find a way out of that mindset that 'there's no point'...I can't see a way out. And that's after we have supposed to have all those tolls in place.

It could be absolutely anything.

Last edited:

No one knows man and it's pointless speculating - that's the job for the enquiry.

The thing is that it could have been anything that set the bairn on this course. A mate of mine's son tied to kill himself over a lass at school only two years older than the age we're discussing here. Tragic but luckily he survived a bloody good go at it.

The thing is that in our teen years we are susceptible to everything. At that age we feel every emotion stronger...there's nothing as hard as that first broken heart. And that applies equally to bullying as well as anything else. We develop mental tools through those years to help us along as we get older.

As said before, suicide is a condition that is like a spiral. Adults find it difficult enough to find a way out of that mindset that 'there's no point'...I can't see a way out. And that's after we have supposed to have all those tolls in place.

It could be absolutely anything.
Me cousin lost his best mate to this mid-late teens. I knew a young lad from being a lovely little boy mad about his football who went the same way about the same age. Heartbreaking.

It's easy for me to say but there's always another day. Unfortunately that seems a more daunting prospect for some than it does others.

Last edited:
One of the lasses at graft was walking her dog when she heard what she said was a choking sound , cut a long story short but she helped get this lad down from hanging himself and he was taken to hospital.

She went through loads of sleepless nights and panic attacks because of this attempted suicide , so god only knows what the parents of this young lad who committed suicide will go through in the years to come .

Some primary schools have serious issues with group bullying on WhatsApp. Imagine being 10 year old and having all the school bullies or popular groups slagging you off or making fun of you for bragging rights, as used to happen in playgrounds. Looking at your phone in the evening and knowing you have to go to school tomorrow. It’s widespread
Heard this a lot from colleagues in children's mental health services.

It's a horrible situation. Kids are more open and vulnerable to advertising than ever, alongside the perfect life projected by celebrities and their very own friends and family on the likes of Instagram. Reactions to things are veering to more and more extreme and one of the reasons of that is because a more extreme reaction gets you noticed. The constant craving and access to attention is a bad thing on the whole imo.
It's good to talk is a great slogan, but people need to listen and develop some sense of empathy which seems to be severely lacking in some.

(Hart village).

Fecking awful, cant stop thinking about it. One of my bairns teachers found him.

Think if it was one of mine Id follow suit.

:cry: How can you be in that state so young.

Absolutely heartbreaking.
Kids around the same age and that would break me.
Brings back painful memories.
I was 18 years old and one of my best mates at the time, 20 took his own life by gassing himself in his car. Ffs even built the connector pipe at work!!
Dropped hints but the least of my mates that you would expect to do such a thing.
Definitely hit me for a long time and in hindsight maybe some counselling would have helped but I got by. In those days it was “get on with it.”
Still visit his grave every Christmas when I visit my Dads.

Last edited:
When kids were bullied at school it was bad enough but at least they could escape to some extent outside of school . Now with WhatsApp Snapchat etc there is no escape 24/7 365 days a year . Kids didn’t suddenly become less judgemental either. Even the grown ups apps like Twitter exhibit bullying behaviours to anyone who doesn’t conform to a certain view or way of thinking.

I’m not saying the online world has contributed in this case but I feel very very sorry for kids these days

Some primary schools have serious issues with group bullying on WhatsApp. Imagine being 10 year old and having all the school bullies or popular groups slagging you off or making fun of you for bragging rights, as used to happen in playgrounds. Looking at your phone in the evening and knowing you have to go to school tomorrow. It’s widespread
We’ve decided we aren’t going to have kids. There’s plenty reasons but these are right up there. We’ve watched relatives give in to pressure and give 5 year olds phones, tablets etc and watched as they’ve developed the personality of the youtubers they watch. For now it’s fairly innocent but can’t imagine what it’ll be like when they’re only a little bit older.

There's no reason for children under the age of 14/15 to have a mobile phone. Schools should organise sessions for parents and their kids on the dangers of social media and the parents should come together and agree as a collective not to buy phones for their kids - this would take away the whole peer pressure element of it ("everybody else has a phone, why can't I?" etc).

It'll never happen though as some parents simply don't give a fuck.

There's no reason for children under the age of 14/15 to have a mobile phone. Schools should organise sessions for parents and their kids on the dangers of social media and the parents should come together and agree as a collective not to buy phones for their kids - this would take away the whole peer pressure element of it ("everybody else has a phone, why can't I?" etc).

Second para sums it up really.

Plus there’s a generation of parents coming up that are social media addicts themselves and their kids are either an extension to that (the vids of parents deliberately making their kids cry or act up for likes) or their meal ticket (the parents putting their kids in front of the camera on their own account). It’s canny sick.

I bet there isn’t 1 child over 14 in my kids school who doesn’t have a phone. Their lives revolve around it.

Back