12th November.. in the1980s...

Luna17

Winger
1980......Ossie and Cooke earn Safc a 2 nil home win over Manchester City infront of over 23000 at RP.

1983.....Watford are despatched 3 nil at RP infront of under 16000 fans who see West, Proctor and Chisholm net the goals.

1988....Marco opens the scoring at SB against champions elect Chelsea only to be pegged back in the 2nd half. Less than 20000 bother to watch the game.

That Watford game was one of the best team performances I've seen. We were oustanding, especially Bracewell and Proctor in centre midfield.

Was at the Man City game in 1980 (night game). Dave Bennett (Gary's brother) was playing for City, think Tueart was playing for City as well.

1980......Ossie and Cooke earn Safc a 2 nil home win over Manchester City infront of over 23000 at RP.

1983.....Watford are despatched 3 nil at RP infront of under 16000 fans who see West, Proctor and Chisholm net the goals.

1988....Marco opens the scoring at SB against champions elect Chelsea only to be pegged back in the 2nd half. Less than 20000 bother to watch the game.
Love these threads mate, I was home and away since 1978 till 2007 and can't remember hardly any off these games, albeit I do remember Marco's worldy at Stamford Bridge that afternoon

Was at all of them - got the match programmes

You don't have to prove owt to me marra:lol:
Marcos goal at Chelsea was a cracker iirc.
Not trying to prove anything, but I was there !! Haway the lads tonight at Scunthorpe ( and I am not there !! )
Not trying to prove anything, but I was there !! Haway the lads tonight at Scunthorpe ( and I am not there !! )
Ps Marcos goal at the shit tip in the 1990 play offs was more memorable. FTM

Last edited:
thanks, makes it worthwhile getting appreciative comments

In the interest of balance, here's a negative but honest one.

I thought you got the balance right in your former life as Shaun61 in posting just one a day, but frankly you're getting on my tits by clogging up the board with umpteen posts every day with info lifted from the excellent StatsCat site. I may be wrong of course, but I'd that guess your motivation in doing this is to regain your former 'striker' status asap. A tad narcissistic imho if I've hit the nail on the head.

Just my opinion, like.

In the interest of balance, here's a negative but honest one.

I thought you got the balance right in your former life as Shaun61 in posting just one a day, but frankly you're getting on my tits by clogging up the board with umpteen posts every day with info lifted from the excellent StatsCat site. I may be wrong of course, but I'd that guess your motivation in doing this is to regain your former 'striker' status asap. A tad narcissistic imho if I've hit the nail on the head.

Just my opinion, like.
Narcissistic, never been accused of that before.
Nope, not bothered at all about getting striker" status or whatever that is.
I just love looking back hence many years footy echos in loft that have, survived many requests for the tip.
Quite alot seem to respond positively but the odd negative comment as long as not abusive is OK by me. Can't please everyone.

Back