12th June Stats

Ah still in your it’s a seasonal virus mode? That’s why we’ve had it in spring, summer, autumn and winter

it’s definitely seasonal, it’s around for everyone of them
Are you stupid? seriously all respiratory viruses are seasonal. It doesnt mean you don't get them in summer just that it's worse in Autumn/Winter. Even Australia with its climate and California have flu seasons

When did we have it in summer? I mean show me the stats for a country of 68 million, it was in the teams of not even registering and it will happen again this summer. Use your noggin.
Err now as cases are massively increasing again.
Are you stupid? seriously all respiratory viruses are seasonal. It doesnt mean you don't get them in summer just that it's worse in Autumn/Winter. Even Australia with its climate and California have flu seasons
So you’ve just said it’s not seasonal then and I’m the stupid one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a comparison day when we had similar positive tests previously to see what number of deaths they were around that time to give a comparison pre-vaccine and post vaccine?

you will have to wait a few weeks really - the case increase of the last week won’t potentially change to hospitalisations & deaths for 2-4 weeks.

but early signs are that the ones requiring hospital are younger and/or unvaccinated so it looks to be doing it’s job

I think we need to establish a difference between seasonal, and seasonality. If COVID was inherently seasonal, and could not thrive in the heat, California wouldn't have had a first wave in July and August.

Yes, there are aspects of seasonality and respiratory diseases thrive in winter environments where people are indoors and meeting people and it's cold, but COVID doesn't just go away because it's warm.

It's our behaviour that sets the foundation for the seasonality of respiratory diseases, IMO.

Logon or register to see this image

Ah still in your it’s a seasonal virus mode? That’s why we’ve had it in spring, summer, autumn and winter

it’s definitely seasonal, it’s around for everyone of them
It clearly is seasonal. We had it last spring and it tailed off in the summer, then built up again in the autumn. Obviously nowt to with pubs, restaurants, increased house mixing, then lots of people on foreign holidays before schools and unis went back. Those were just coincidence.

Then that dip in November that coincided with a half arsed lockdown, erm it got a bit milder, as it always does in November. Then cases built and dropped rapidly mid January. I know it was freezing then and February was worse, but, yeah, seasonal. Now we are in to June and cases are rising again with the cold, wet windy weather.

How much more evidence do people need?

It clearly is seasonal. We had it last spring and it tailed off in the summer, then built up again in the autumn. Obviously nowt to with pubs, restaurants, increased house mixing, then lots of people on foreign holidays before schools and unis went back. Those were just coincidence.

Then that dip in November that coincided with a half arsed lockdown, erm it got a bit milder, as it always does in November. Then cases built and dropped rapidly mid January. I know it was freezing then and February was worse, but, yeah, seasonal. Now we are in to June and cases are rising again with the cold, wet windy weather.

so it’s to do with people behaviours rather than seasonal weather then 👍cheers for confirming

Fuck do you live Trondheim? It’s bloody roasting now more than any time over the last 9 months

so it’s to do with people behaviours rather than seasonal weather then 👍cheers for confirming

Fuck do you live Trondheim? It’s bloody roasting now more than any time over the last 9 months
Yeah, I was taking the piss, because while there is a seasonable element and that when it is hot people tend to meet outside, they have the windows open at home etc. Some people claim it is entirely seasonal and that lockdowns did nowt. I disagree with that on the basis it is complete bollocks.

Yeah, I was taking the piss, because while there is a seasonable element and that when it is hot people tend to meet outside, they have the windows open at home etc. Some people claim it is entirely seasonal and that lockdowns did nowt. I disagree with that on the basis it is complete bollocks.
So it’s clearly seasonal but it isn’t? Is that your argument?

Back