boro - 1
sunderland - 2
hartlepool - 0
newcastle - 1
stockton - 0
gateshead - 0
darlo - 0

for perspective leicester recorded 67 new cases
Where do you get individual new cases in areas? I used to use Sky News but data lags behind now.

Some small slightly concerning rises. People just need to be careful and responsible.

Last edited:
IIRC Italy went about 2-3 weeks with around 30-50 deaths daily avarage and around 400+ cases daily before finally dropping off if we are following the same pattern it could be like this for another few weeks yet
Out of interest, and I'm not trying to be a doom monger, had they relaxed their lockdown like we had done at this time?

Saw this report from Johns Hopkins uni. Top hospital in USA.
Seems like 20% of rona tests give false negatives when performed too early. Can tell 100% if you've got it but not reliable in saying you haven't.

Last edited:
Saw this report from Johns Hopkins uni. Top hospital in USA.
Seems like 20% of rona tests give false negatives when performed too early. Can tell 100% if you've got it but not reliable in saying you haven't.
So 80% of the time it works every time?

Out of interest, and I'm not trying to be a doom monger, had they relaxed their lockdown like we had done at this time?
from memory they had relaxed it slightly (it was sterner than ours) Masks still required outdoors everywhere etc you were allowed outside to shop excersise and business were opening although again from memory slower than us- they have only been allowed non essential travel for a few weeks (maybe 3 ish)

So today is one less than last week and yesterday saw fewer deaths in hospitals than the week before, but a large increase in the community, including care home deaths. I am hopeful that this was a catch up from care home numbers.

50000 more tests though just for perspective
Still don’t know how many people that covers nor how many people were tested to get 800+ positive cases.
This. A significant number of more tests carried out compared to last week. Also there’s been some significant and hopefully isolated outbreaks. Not sure if these are captured in these figures though.
No they’re not tests carried out. Theyre tests that have been sent to people in the post, 2/3 of which never get sent back. There’s literally no evidence of how many people are being tested.

Still don’t know how many people that covers nor how many people were tested to get 800+ positive cases.

No they’re not tests carried out. Theyre tests that have been sent to people in the post, 2/3 of which never get sent back. There’s literally no evidence of how many people are being tested.

Really? Wow. Never knew that ! I thought it was tests carried out at a testing station.

Back