"120 magazine back" - daft question

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

not spavin

Thinking of buying a Bronica, advertised as having a 120 magazine back. Will that take normal 120 film, or is the 'magazine' a specific roll type?

Thinking of buying a Bronica, advertised as having a 120 magazine back. Will that take normal 120 film, or is the 'magazine' a specific roll type?

Yep it'll take 120 film - normally just a removal insert or even full back which holds the roll film in place.

taipeisafc said:
Yep it'll take 120 film - normally just a removal insert or even full back which holds the roll film in place.

It's Friday night and I've had a few beers, so time to start looking at cameras again...

Seen a good priced Bronica ETRS and a Mamiya 645 Super - both look in good nick and come with decent looking 80mm 2.8 lenses.

Anyone tried either? Worth taking a punt? Worth saving / selling bits and getting a Hassie? Should I just go to bed?

It's Friday night and I've had a few beers, so time to start looking at cameras again...

Seen a good priced Bronica ETRS and a Mamiya 645 Super - both look in good nick and come with decent looking 80mm 2.8 lenses.

Anyone tried either? Worth taking a punt? Worth saving / selling bits and getting a Hassie? Should I just go to bed?

Yes. I'm banned from looking at cameras on a Friday night.

The Mamiya 645 is a cracker though.

I've got an old (late 60's) Mamiya 645J and it is a cracking camera - great lenses too. I asked for some advice from AndyM on here and he said that Bronica, Pentax and Mamiya were all very good for MF film and the Hassy was only a little better (personally I wanted a Pentax 645 but one has never come up in my price range so opted for a cheap Mamiya instead).

I've got an old (late 60's) Mamiya 645J and it is a cracking camera - great lenses too. I asked for some advice from AndyM on here and he said that Bronica, Pentax and Mamiya were all very good for MF film and the Hassy was only a little better (personally I wanted a Pentax 645 but one has never come up in my price range so opted for a cheap Mamiya instead).

Nice one - the Mamiya is a fair bit cheaper, so I might opt for that.

One thing you might want to look at is whether it is an interchangeable back - then you can change mid film and not worry about it. My 645J isn't so I have to finish a film before I can change to say black and white from colour. I must dig it out and take some more photos with it but never seem to be in one place long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back