12 year old girl murdered in Liverpool City centre

You don't need to bring the death penalty back ffs. A re-jig of the criminal justice system is long overdue though.

5 years sentences for heinous crimes like murder, rape, paedophilia just isn't acceptable, especially when they often do less.

Jail's being overflooded isn't an excuse for this when half the inmates are in for absolutely petty crimes.

We live in a country where drugs still carry a criminal sentence when half the world has moved past that and understands the war on drugs was a load of bollocks.

People going to jail for drunk and disorderly, petty theft etc is a waste of space. Keep jail for the people who need to be kept of the streets and bring in a different system for petty crimes where there is a chance of those people being reformed.

Knife crime or weaponed crime, violent assaults should be met with a long sentence in jail.

What about those who treat prison like it has a revolving door?

What about those who treat prison like it has a revolving door?
Petty criminals who don't reform. Have a strike rule for them.

I'd also make prisons much more shitter to live in. Lock up most of the time, only allowed educational books, make it miserable as possible so it's not treat like a holiday camp.

I'd also make prisons much more shitter to live in. Lock up most of the time, only allowed educational books, make it miserable as possible so it's not treat like a holiday camp.

Sensible solution right there. Pretty sure I've suggested and/or agreed with similar in the past

thats what the usa did and it doesn't work. With some suggesting when your on your last strike you have nothing to lose and encourages more violent crime.

Norway treats prisoners with respect and like human beings and have one of the lowest reoffending rates,

Norway’s humane approach towards prisoners seems effective: only 20% prisoners are reconvicted within two years, almost half the rate of many US states, even though only hard cases—which are more likely to offend—are incarcerated to begin with

maybe we should look at that, mind i agree with the drugs you said above, Portugal seems to have a very modern and sensible approach to that problem and would be following there lead on that front.

lives of the girl, her family and friends yes, not the lives of the four lads though, they'll have a whale of a time in their young offenders home, canoeing, mountain biking, rock climbing etc, taught by some left wing luvvie, who knows deep down they're all good lads, just a bit misguided, then let out by the time they're 18, they'll all look back and laugh about it one day, seriously, they will, and there lies the problem with our society! if she has been fatally stabbed and the one that struck that blow can clearly be identified by cctv, then he should be killed, this would send out the right message that this behaviour will not be tolerated, instead of the message that we currently send out, which is that it will. sad times.

What the fuck.

thats what the usa did and it doesn't work. With some suggesting when your on your last strike you have nothing to lose and encourages more violent crime.

Norway treats prisoners with respect and like human beings and have one of the lowest reoffending rates,

Norway’s humane approach towards prisoners seems effective: only 20% prisoners are reconvicted within two years, almost half the rate of many US states, even though only hard cases—which are more likely to offend—are incarcerated to begin with

maybe we should look at that, mind i agree with the drugs you said above, Portugal seems to have a very modern and sensible approach to that problem and would be following there lead on that front.
Maybes, it's worth looking at different structures from different places and seeing what works and what doesn't work.

The Scandinavians seem to be quite well ran countries but also have a much smaller population and I don't think they have as many poor places as we do so have different problems to us.
That's aid In was watching about the Norwegian metal scene and they seemed about as fucked up as you can get.

I agree, so tell me how you keep society safe when the prisons are full and there is nowhere to lock people up who pose a threat to society without releasing some of them back into society? Given the slating you gave me for advocating the death sentence I'd like to know your solution.

I wouldn't pour scorn over them, boiling tar would be my choice.

Sharia Law would be right up your street.

He needs locking up.

On about brutalising and killing children ffs. Makes you wonder what he's capable of if he could get away with it.
Tbf where not talking about normal kids. I don't think the death penalty is the answer but if a 14 year old had stabbed my 12 year old to death I probably wouldn't give a crap If they were thrown into a bear pit tbh.

Think this thread should be locked or deleted as even in a sensitive thread like this some people can't behave themselves.
i disagree,

its started an interesting debate on how to deal with this kind of thing, we have to face the fact our country is broken and i very much want to see things improve, we have to work towards fixing the root problems to prevent this terrible sort of thing from happening again.

I don't think anyone on here is disrespecting this poor girl and i guess we all feel pretty cut up this kind of thing has happened and that poor girls family has to deal with such a terrible loss.

Can't believe young lads around 13/14 are walking around armed with knives, what the fuck man??? My lass and her daughter were in Liverpool last Friday and Saturday Christmas shopping, said it was rammed everywhere but they had a great time, if they'd booked it a week later they'd be staying the weekend in a crime scene. Thoughts with the family of this young girl, whose lives are now ruined by a moment of madness. RIP Ava.

lives of the girl, her family and friends yes, not the lives of the four lads though, they'll have a whale of a time in their young offenders home, canoeing, mountain biking, rock climbing etc, taught by some left wing luvvie, who knows deep down they're all good lads, just a bit misguided, then let out by the time they're 18, they'll all look back and laugh about it one day, seriously, they will, and there lies the problem with our society! if she has been fatally stabbed and the one that struck that blow can clearly be identified by cctv, then he should be killed, this would send out the right message that this behaviour will not be tolerated, instead of the message that we currently send out, which is that it will. sad times.
Sounds like you've got more issues than the kids that did this.

Back