100 000 Cases a day by July

• Thread starter Deleted member 32773
  • Start date
Earlier in the year 4-5 loons on here lit up when I said there'd still be 5-10k cases a day once things opened back up.The loons claimed cases would remain in the hundreds.Thickies 🙄
But that's the way we're heading. Restrictions till zero covid

That's fair enough but it didn't mean 17 million had to go vote tory. They knew exactly what they were voting for, if they had a single brain cell, and this is exactly what they should have expected to get. A corrupt, shameless, incompetent, embarrassing mess of a PM and cabinet. You can't then say 'but labour'

It's very worrying that you rarely hear anyone say 'yeah I made a mistake in 2019 by voting Tory, now that I have seen exactly how they treat us'

Absolutely no responsibility for thier own actions, very much like this government. Always someone else's fault.

Of all the people's fault who this mess is, Corbyn is way way down the list
More a case of who would be the more shit PM...if you don't have choice, that doesn't make you thick.

ps. This sort of stuff should go on the politics thread, or an agony aunt forum.
If it were predicted the NHS was even close to being overwhelmed we'd have the figures make no mistake - goalposts have been moved

This is manipulation by some very sketchy science, our government and parliament and they're being assisted brilliantly by most of our media

Stockholm Syndrome on a national level
The NHS is overwhelmed, with a 5.2 million waiting list. Maybe 5% of those won't make it, but somehow 250,000 excess deaths through waiting lists is justifiable.

Last edited:
Saw this article, now by current rates of vaccinaton by 1st July 45 million will have had 1 jab and 35 million 2 jabs. Factor in the millions outside this who have already had it or are asymptomatic or children with little effect I smell bullshit and even if it was 100k a day how long could that possibly last for before it runs out of people to infect🤔. UK faces 100,000 cases EVERY DAY by July
Why are asymptomatic cases or cases in children not cases?

If this was the case the Nightingale hospitals would be getting up & running again
They were never going to be used, even if the NHS was n it’s last legs. They never had the staff to open them. They were asking hospitals which were overrun to send staff to the Nightingales to staff them. They were told that they had no staff to spare as they were all being used.
They were always a political fig leaf, so the government could say look at us look at what have done.

Saw this article, now by current rates of vaccinaton by 1st July 45 million will have had 1 jab and 35 million 2 jabs. Factor in the millions outside this who have already had it or are asymptomatic or children with little effect I smell bullshit and even if it was 100k a day how long could that possibly last for before it runs out of people to infect🤔. UK faces 100,000 cases EVERY DAY by July
I had one beer yesterday, but had 3 today. If this rate of increase continues I'll be on 40,000 beers a day by Xmas

We must lock me down immediately

Bullshit indeed. "The millions who have already had it" - reality check: the vast majority of the 4 million+ cases were in 2020 and you are only immune for 6 months at most. "Run out of people to infect" - the vaccine has limited impact on the ability to catch it, like all vaccines it impacts on illness and to some extent transmission, not catching it.

On the other hand the projection is very basic and should have warnings all over it. It is entirely accurate if very simplistic- taking the current rate of increase that would be where we are heading, but in reality there are altering curves not straight lines and the vaccine numbers will certainly have a damping impact.

Cases will soon become irrelevant, only hospitalisations, ICU beds and deaths will be key. Just like the Flu or anything else that we live with.
I had one beer yesterday, but had 3 today. If this rate of increase continues I'll be on 40,000 beers a day by Xmas

We must lock me down immediately

you, sir, were more succinct than me.

Last edited:

was reading this the other day if it helps.

Cheers, who would have thought the timescale given by the NHS was just a guess...

That's about protection I think though, rather than being unable to catch it again. Bottom line, if people don't get seriously ill, it no longer matters. Saw something that said of 126 hospitalised from a positive on a particular recent date, THREE had been fully vaccinated.

Last edited:

Back