10 secs to break into new cars

You think. Interesting. I don't need to blow my own trumpet about what i drive.

Interesting how much we both know about Vodaphone though, eh :lol:.

Like how to spell it?

You don’t seem very good at this conversation thing.

I’m not blowing my trumpet mate, I gave details of who the system was operated by. You seem to have a big problem with that. Typically, that suggests low emotional intelligence.

If you can’t construct a conversation properly then please don’t keep replying. All the best.

Like how to spell it?

You don’t seem very good at this conversation thing.

I’m not blowing my trumpet mate, I gave details of who the system was operated by. You seem to have a big problem with that. Typically, that suggests low emotional intelligence.

If you can’t construct a conversation properly then please don’t keep replying. All the best.

I still think you're on a wind-up.

Last edited:
The Porsche timed drop and 'god willing'. Not many god-bothering car fans get on here...

That sounds like a very narrow minded world view.

“God willing” is something I often say. More through superstition that anything else.

I’m not a god botherer, I’m a non-practicing Catholic brought up in the East Durham coalfield. Im not necessarily a big car fan either but I do believe in having nice things if you can. I worked really hard for a long time and I’m not about to apologise for that to you.

I didn’t put it in there in any boastful context. I explained earlier why I mentioned it, it shouldn’t really be a declaration of shame. You’re the one that seems to have a problem with it.

I’d suggest you haven’t the first clue what type of person gets on here. Because like life itself, it’s a rich fabric of diverse people, backgrounds and situations.

:lol::lol::lol:
That sounds like a very narrow minded world view.

“God willing” is something I often say. More through superstition that anything else.

I’m not a god botherer, I’m a non-practicing Catholic brought up in the East Durham coalfield. Im not necessarily a big car fan either but I do believe in having nice things if you can. I worked really hard for a long time and I’m not about to apologise for that to you.

I didn’t put it in there in any boastful context. I explained earlier why I mentioned it, it shouldn’t really be a declaration of shame. You’re the one that seems to have a problem with it.

I’d suggest you haven’t the first clue what type of person gets on here. Because like life itself, it’s a rich fabric of diverse people, backgrounds and situations.

Nobody writes like that. Unless you are a pompous bellend.

I have no issue with what you drive, we are men of good taste. Just the way you went about it, plus the way you write make me think your on a wind-up.

Last edited:
Used to go out regular with locksmiths. Absolutely terrifying how easy it is to get through front doors. Cheap euro locks can be picked in seconds nevermind snapping the barrel. Yales are scary too piece of plastic and a few seconds and your in. Surprisingly old fashioned locks always took the longest.
Loads of stuff on you tube how to pick stuff, keys etc, I used to do bailiff work, locksmiths who worked for us got in everywhere in seconds

They can immobilise it once the vehicle is stationary though and obviously, locate it. That’ll do for me.

Then there’s the convenience side, in the winter you can start the car from your bed and have it nice and toasty for when you’re ready to go or alternatively, chill it out when you’ve been parked up on a hot day.

Thinking on, this is why humanity is coming to a conclusion and we’re all going to die.

Makes the insurance a tad cheaper too.

Rule 123
The Driver and the Environment. You MUST NOT leave a parked vehicle unattended with the engine running or leave a vehicle engine running unnecessarily while that vehicle is stationary on a public road. Generally, if the vehicle is stationary and is likely to remain so for more than a couple of minutes, you should apply the parking brake and switch off the engine to reduce emissions and noise pollution. However it is permissible to leave the engine running if the vehicle is stationary in traffic or for diagnosing faults.

I only have myself to blame for having my car nicked.
I thought I'd locked it up and put all the tools away, only to find my car gone in what seemed like a few minutes.
I looked around at the top where I put my stuff and realised there was no starting handle. I'd left it still attached to the front of the car and someone obviously saw this and cranked it up, then made a speedy getaway at likely over 5 mph.

;)

Quite interesting that.

It’s parked on our property at the end of a long private road, maybe 100 metres from a public highway. That’s where it is 99% of the time that we use it.

Worth thinking about though as we sometimes use it whilst in public parking. So for example, this week we took a boat trip around the Farne Islands and the weather was lovely. I put on the air-con to cool the car down whilst we were heading back up to the car from the harbour.

Does a car park constitute a public highway? I think it might?

A pair of strategically placed jockey y fronts works as a perfect deterrent..nee need for fancy alarms!..

trying to work out how this happened as if the minute you open the door and a couple feet away from the car it highlights on the dash the key is out of distance so im calling a load of bullshit on this as it would have happened just as she dropped him off and wouldnt have got 20ft away nevermind all the way to the petrol station.
Happens loads, my mate has drove us to match then his lass jumped in the drivers seat and away with the key in his pocket.

I only have myself to blame for having my car nicked.
I thought I'd locked it up and put all the tools away, only to find my car gone in what seemed like a few minutes.
I looked around at the top where I put my stuff and realised there was no starting handle. I'd left it still attached to the front of the car and someone obviously saw this and cranked it up, then made a speedy getaway at likely over 5 mph.

;)
Why bother.

buy a Disclok steering wheel cover. there is nothing better on the market for stopping your car getting nicked. the best steering lock available, has been around for the last 25 years for a reason.

Back