10 secs to break into new cars

Both of ours can be monitored and the wife’s can be immobilised from our phones.

If mine moves without the transponder card in it Vodafone call within seconds and the then I guess do the same.

I always like to imagine they have a detonator and can just blow it up at my command.

Costs £500 a year mind you.

I believe BMW have a key that won’t omit a signal if it’s not moving , plus eBay sell faraday bags to keep your keys in whilst at home.
ive got a 3 year old BMW and with it been wireless entry, i keep the keys in a Defender Signal Blocker which is pretty much a pouch made with materials which when sealed it blocks all wireless signals on the key so you cannot clone the key to open the car

Both of ours can be monitored and the wife’s can be immobilised from our phones.

If mine moves without the transponder card in it Vodafone call within seconds and the then I guess do the same.

I always like to imagine they have a detonator and can just blow it up at my command.

Great idea blowing it up to get the thieves but also a tad inconvenient.

Unless the detonation activates a within the hour replacement car as not to put the customer out.

my bmw keys go in a Faraday wallet every night, they were about 3 quid each or something ! signal doesn't transmit through them, I've tried it 😎
ive got a 3 year old BMW and with it been wireless entry, i keep the keys in a Defender Signal Blocker which is pretty much a pouch made with materials which when sealed it blocks all wireless signals on the key so you cannot clone the key to open the car
So the convenience of not having to press a button to open/close your car but put it in/take it out a pouch is more effort than just having normal remote entry? :lol::lol:

Has always seemed a totally pointless option on cars. I know some come with it as standard (most can now be deactivated), but why would you pay for it. I mean, for years we've only had to press a button!

If its the same as mine they wont immobilise anything if it's moving - pretty dangerous if you think about it!
So the convenience of not having to press a button to open/close your car but put it in/take it out a pouch is more effort than just having normal remote entry? :lol::lol:

Exactly!

Last edited:
Great idea blowing it up to get the thieves but also a tad inconvenient.

Unless the detonation activates a within the hour replacement car as not to put the customer out.

Press a button and automatically the doors lock and the vehicle navigates itself to a pre-determined detonation zone. Maybe within a concrete sarcophagus on the edge of an industrial estate. Car rolls in, blast doors close behind it and yippee-kah-ye.

All the while the glove compartment deploys a small pair of snip plyers. The Vodafone telematics operator makes clear that the detonation process can only be terminated if you remove one of your thumbs with those snips. The clock is ticking until you reach the detonation zone.

i see your attempt of a joke but its actually more for when you have your hands full either with shopping for example, with the key in your pocket when your close enough to the car a sensor under the boot picks up your feet and opens the boot for you so you dont have to put things on the floor and find keys.

Same applies with the doors, if you have a baby in your hand, instead of having to find the key in your pocket (or bag as a woman) you just touch the door handle and it picks up your finger on the scanner and unlocks the car.

Press a button and automatically the doors lock and the vehicle navigates itself to a pre-determined detonation zone. Maybe within a concrete sarcophagus on the edge of an industrial estate. Car rolls in, blast doors close behind it and yippee-kah-ye.

All the while the glove compartment deploys a small pair of snip plyers. The Vodafone telematics operator makes clear that the detonation process can only be terminated if you remove one of your thumbs with those snips. The clock is ticking until you reach the detonation zone.

You watch Black Mirror too?

The daft bint at work dropped her son off at home then went for petrol in her beemer.
When she came to start the car afterwards, she realised he’d took the keys with him and she was stuck. Ludicrous piece of technology for technology’s sake.

Has always seemed a totally pointless option on cars. I know some come with it as standard (most can now be deactivated), but why would you pay for it. I mean, for years we've only had to press a button!

If its the same as mine they wont immobilise anything if it's moving - pretty dangerous if you think about it!

Exactly!

They can immobilise it once the vehicle is stationary though and obviously, locate it. That’ll do for me.

Then there’s the convenience side, in the winter you can start the car from your bed and have it nice and toasty for when you’re ready to go or alternatively, chill it out when you’ve been parked up on a hot day.

Thinking on, this is why humanity is coming to a conclusion and we’re all going to die.

Makes the insurance a tad cheaper too.

The daft bint at work dropped her son off at home then went for petrol in her beemer.
When she came to start the car afterwards, she realised he’d took the keys with him and she was stuck. Ludicrous piece of technology for technology’s sake.
trying to work out how this happened as if the minute you open the door and a couple feet away from the car it highlights on the dash the key is out of distance so im calling a load of bullshit on this as it would have happened just as she dropped him off and wouldnt have got 20ft away nevermind all the way to the petrol station.

I did something similar, dropped our lass off at work, drove to me dads, turned the car off went to lock it and I couldn’t. The Mrs had started the car whilst I’d took the bin out and the keys were in her bag.

Had to get me brother to take me back to her workplace.

Back