10 grand each

£10k per year from the government. Some will piss it up the wall, some will have a nice holiday while others will invest it wisely.

Report proposes £10,000 for everyone under 55 Should everybody get £10,000?
I’m a big fan of UBI. I’d love to see it trialled properly. Would cut billions of admin from the welfare budget.

If you read the article it says you would forfeit tax allowances, so there would be no point claiming it for most people.
And benefits. i think it’s a great idea.

Problem is, £10k won’t get you very far.

If you read the article it says you would forfeit tax allowances, so there would be no point claiming it for most people.

It depends whether you’d receive this £10000 tax-free or not which the article doesn’t really make clear. Then there’s the problem of whether it makes up your first £10,000 or not if you’re in the higher rate brackets.

I like the idea but it definitely needs more detail.

I’m a big fan of UBI. I’d love to see it trialled properly. Would cut billions of admin from the welfare budget.

And benefits. i think it’s a great idea.

Problem is, £10k won’t get you very far.
Listened to a podcast with Ed Milliband about UBI recently. Have to say that I found it very intriguing. It’s definitely worth a proper trial.

Good idea imo , mind you I dread to think how many cans of Stella and bottles of Frosty Jack my local miscreants would buy if they got that kind of money!

Back