10,000 steps a day in March for cancer research update

I’m now up to £1100.
Thank you so much.
Not one of me begging posts for once just an admittance that it’s canny tough and I have to admit this is one of the hardest challenges I’ve done.
Ive done 10k’s, GNR, and Total Warrior. When you do them you do them and it’s done.
On any single day the 10,000 steps isn’t hard but it’s incessant and as soon as you do it one day you know you have to do it again tomorrow. Just today I’ve walked over 15,000 steps and 7 miles.
It’s now 16 days since my body has had a rest and I’ve got another 15 to go. But people have been kind enough to donate so I won’t let them down.
But still, I know it’s not nearly as hard as the battle me daddy is fighting everyday or the battle me sister lost without having a chance to fight it.
Or the battle I imagine millions are fighting everyday.
So please if you can spare anything, however small, make a donation and let’s try and find more cures for this twat of a disease.
How are you doing @King Kareoke

For Hellie and Daddy | Cancer Research UK Giving Pages

Over half way now. You're doing brilliantly and your Dad must be so proud :cool:
I ring about 9.00 every morning to see how he is and he asks me every morning how many steps I’ve done.
It’s tough Becs don’t mind admitting but I’ll do it.
I said to me mam last week it finishes on Easter Saturday and I’m going to have a great big Easter egg. She said I’ll get you the biggest Thornton’s Continental one I can find :cool: xx

I ring about 9.00 every morning to see how he is and he asks me every morning how many steps I’ve done.
It’s tough Becs don’t mind admitting but I’ll do it.
I said to me mam last week it finishes on Easter Saturday and I’m going to have a great big Easter egg. She said I’ll get you the biggest Thornton’s Continental one I can find :cool: xx

That sounds like a brilliant plan. You definitely deserve a big egg :D

Hi @janey . Going well - today wasn't much fun in that driving rain mind. All days done so far - currently raised £1,310 which I am quite staggered about. We are close to £2,500 between us (and probably there with gift aid). Absolutely amazing well done and someone will be as lucky as me to benefit from the work CR does
Definitely there with gift aid, it’s tough going but so worth it, so glad you were lucky xx

Hi @janey . Going well - today wasn't much fun in that driving rain mind. All days done so far - currently raised £1,310 which I am quite staggered about. We are close to £2,500 between us (and probably there with gift aid). Absolutely amazing well done and someone will be as lucky as me to benefit from the work CR does

Missed this until now. So @King Kareoke hoy up your link. I can’t be playing favourites with me favourites.

Although this ‘un is getting yet another bump ffs ;)

Ah cheers for putting it up. Understand where you’re coming from but I have 2 siblings and fairness was paramount. Or more like ‘it’s not fair’ at the mere-est whiff of unfairness.

Sorry I’m banging on incoherently. Been awake all night with the steroids after chemo yesterday. Chemo 2 is is a bugger on - don’t think it helped going into it so unwell.

And the hairy pillow has ramped up so there’s a bald head on the way this time. Which is daft because it’s not an illness or owt - just vanity. But fuck it I have/had lots of curly wavy hair with distinguished grey at the sides. At my age! Women love me at 1 year older than Blep. In a completely harmless way, I’m no thigh rubbing letch or owt. I’m just canny if I do say so myself.

God will I just f***ing shut up and donate.

Jesus I’m talking to myself now.

And getting religious.

Thanks for walking. A lot.

Good luck and all the best.

Ah cheers for putting it up. Understand where you’re coming from but I have 2 siblings and fairness was paramount. Or more like ‘it’s not fair’ at the mere-est whiff of unfairness.

Sorry I’m banging on incoherently. Been awake all night with the steroids after chemo yesterday. Chemo 2 is is a bugger on - don’t think it helped going into it so unwell.

And the hairy pillow has ramped up so there’s a bald head on the way this time. Which is daft because it’s not an illness or owt - just vanity. But fuck it I have/had lots of curly wavy hair with distinguished grey at the sides. At my age! Women love me at 1 year older than Blep. In a completely harmless way, I’m no thigh rubbing letch or owt. I’m just canny if I do say so myself.

And getting religious.

Good luck and all the best.[/QUOTE

Thanks mate much appreciated

My kids think I'm senile because I often appear to be talking to myself if that's any comfort. Could be living with 4 women mind !!!

And getting religious.

Good luck and all the best.
Haway baldy foggy lad, get it beat.:cool:

Back