1 point off the playoffs

And best GD of those around us

It’s happening

I'm sorry like, but we won't make the top 6 with a centre midfield of Evans and Neil .

Unless this is rectified in January, we will bump around between 6th and 12th til end of season .

We are very close to having a side capable of breaching the top 6, but not with such an average central midfield.
It would have been ok if we'd sold players for even close to what we bought them for but the money lost on Fletcher, Johnson, Khazri, Lens, Kone, Rodwell, Alvarez etc etc etc meant we were fucked. Think Short had good intentions but he made some terrible decisions.
We had the chance to make a fortune on Kone, and even managed to balls that up.
Aye lets go up and get whacked off everyone then come down.

Ffs man, why pass up the chance to bring a fortune in to the club and further cement it's future ??? You do realise we were close to going out of business don't you ?

I agree, it would probably be a pretty depressing season results wise because tbf, there would have to be a huge quality injection in to the existing squad to even get to second bottom.

However, the financial gain from getting promoted, plus the players gaining valuable experience in the PL , means promotion would be a very good thing for us overall.

ps not in a million years do I think we will go up this season unless the central midfield area is strengthened and of course, upfront esp' as I firmly believe Stewart will be leaving in January

Last edited:
Borrowing is fine if you get a return on it.

No money in things that last ages.
who would have been stupid enough to lend safc money in the ellis short era?
outside the top four...banks dont lend to football clubs too easily..thats why they have to use shady offshore lenders as abaramavhich did at chelsea and west ham everton etc have done over the years

who would have been stupid enough to lend safc money in the ellis short era?
outside the top four...banks dont lend to football clubs too easily..thats why they have to use shady offshore lenders as abaramavhich did at chelsea and west ham everton etc have done over the years

SBC bank loaned SAFC money during the Ellis Short era. It's how Madrox got away with using the parachute payments to buy the club.

SBC bank loaned SAFC money during the Ellis Short era. It's how Madrox got away with using the parachute payments to buy the club.
the sbc lioan was a refinance of a loan from allied irish bank under quinns era..
yes sbc loaned it.at enormous interest rates..
how did they use parachute money to buy the club if it were for sbc?

The thing with affordability is that if you spend well it will often be affordable in the long run whether it’s a dishwasher or a footballer. For example my Miele washing machine cost almost 1000 pounds but I’ve had it for about 17 years and it’s never gone wrong. In the ten years or so prior I had to buy three or four washing machines that totalled about 1400. The Miele was bloody expensive, more than I’d ever spent on a car never mind a washing machine but has proven ultimately to be very good value, cheap even.
You wouldn't be happy if your expensive washing machine had ran down its Contract and fucked off on a free to Mrs Thompson at number 67 down the road though would you..

This has got a sports washing ring to it now

I see that Neil and Evans are the new "weak links" to the those who would twist on 21. We've had Patterson, Gooch, full backs, O'Nien, lack of strikers, Embleton.....maybe they will be right some day?!
Only happy when it rains...

I see that Neil and Evans are the new "weak links" to the those who would twist on 21. We've had Patterson, Gooch, full backs, O'Nien, lack of strikers, Embleton.....maybe they will be right some day?!
Only happy when it rains...
I think it’s legitimate to mention them both, Neil is improving but he can be a bit anonymous and Evans has been brilliant but his career suggests he’s an average player. That’s not a criticism as we’ve had much worse players play vital roles in successful sides, Jeff Whitley for example and both are playing a decent part in a good season so far.

I'm sorry like, but we won't make the top 6 with a centre midfield of Evans and Neil .

Unless this is rectified in January, we will bump around between 6th and 12th til end of season .

We are very close to having a side capable of breaching the top 6, but not with such an average central midfield.

We had the chance to make a fortune on Kone, and even managed to balls that up.

Ffs man, why pass up the chance to bring a fortune in to the club and further cement it's future ??? You do realise we were close to going out of business don't you ?

I agree, it would probably be a pretty depressing season results wise because tbf, there would have to be a huge quality injection in to the existing squad to even get to second bottom.

However, the financial gain from getting promoted, plus the players gaining valuable experience in the PL , means promotion would be a very good thing for us overall.

ps not in a million years do I think we will go up this season unless the central midfield area is strengthened and of course, upfront esp' as I firmly believe Stewart will be leaving in January
Why not we are one point off with Neil and Evans and that's having had no striker for 14 games

I think it’s legitimate to mention them both, Neil is improving but he can be a bit anonymous and Evans has been brilliant but his career suggests he’s an average player. That’s not a criticism as we’ve had much worse players play vital roles in successful sides, Jeff Whitley for example and both are playing a decent part in a good season so far.
Evans is essential to us at the minute. If we can fund a better player to replace him, mint, but he’s way off being a match day problem for us. His age & injury history are something we should be aware of, but not his performances

Evans is essential to us at the minute. If we can fund a better player to replace him, mint, but he’s way off being a match day problem for us. His age & injury history are something we should be aware of, but not his performances
I agree, he’s been very good but I think we should always look to have two players competing that are both very good and I’m not convinced we have a direct competitor, perhaps Michut but he hasn’t really had chance to demonstrate how good he is.

Agreed we’re close. The current squad isn’t good enough but for a relatively small investment we could be. Being contenders might also motivate LND if we’re not interested in investing I think we all agree selling him now for the maximum price is a no brainer. The club has a huge decision to take but we all know we’ll drift through it and likely just miss out.

Back