09 in the asda

I wonder where these new crop of players are living these days, I’d imagine most can’t afford swanky places in Durham, Darras Hall and Gateshead Quays on the current wages?
You do know the club have houses they rent to players. I'd imagine O9 is on 3k a week - 156k a year

I wonder where these new crop of players are living these days, I’d imagine most can’t afford swanky places in Durham, Darras Hall and Gateshead Quays on the current wages?
Aye these poverty stricken newbies can only afford to live in Concord after earning 5k a week.

just Bumped into 09 in Asda lovely lad! Posed for a photo with the bairn and mentioned the lads are confident for Sunday, loves it here and looking forward to staying with us for a very long time

Also buying flowers for his missus. Didn’t ask why he was in the dog house
Anyway, why was O9 working in Asda, how many of the other lads are second jobbing in there and why were you buying flowers for his wife?

Aye these poverty stricken newbies can only afford to live in Concord after earning 5k a week.
I’ve got no doubt they’ve got decent kips in alright areas, but I bet they’re a far cry from what the fuckers earning £40-60k lived in.

I remember the days Tim Carter lived on my estate, it’s getting back to that level is my point where they’re knocking about amongst the fans rather than hidden in private estates and VIP areas.

You do know the club have houses they rent to players. I'd imagine O9 is on 3k a week - 156k a year
No, I didn’t know that. I knew they had one in that square at Whitburn, but that was for managers I think.

Last edited:
I’m reasonably sure Max Power lived in Roker when he first joined. No idea if he still does.
Yeah down by the Marina I think

just Bumped into 09 in Asda lovely lad! Posed for a photo with the bairn and mentioned the lads are confident for Sunday, loves it here and looking forward to staying with us for a very long time

Also buying flowers for his missus. Didn’t ask why he was in the dog house
Love a spotted player thread, well done

Last edited by a moderator:
I once saw Seb in Sainsburys on Wessington Way. He had his training kit on but wasn't pointing at anything.
I once saw Gavin McCann and John Oster in a bar in Durham, it was just after McCann got chosen to play for England and I congratulated him. You could sense the jealousy from Oster so I turned to him and told him he’d started to play better of late..

I once saw Gavin McCann and John Oster in a bar in Durham, it was just after McCann got chosen to play for England and I congratulated him. You could sense the jealousy from Oster so I turned to him and told him he’d started to play better of late..
And that he was shite but now was alright. He would have been delighted....

Back