09/04/20 No live football on tv thread

Well done, all who took the time to applaud our wonderful, tireless & selfless NHS workers . . . however, I hope that bloke I seen on tv just now, applauding the NHS, washes his hands thoroughly, after wiping his nose twice, on the back of his hand. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Cul-de-sac clapping at eight tonight, it was actually great to see everyone as we are either working or keeping in our own houses or back gardens.
Fantastic ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

There was a campaign for women to flash their norks, instead of applauding in support of our NHS workers, tonight.
I'm personally thankful, my two female neighbours in their 80's, either ignored the campaign, or know nothing of the campaign.
๐Ÿ˜ฑ
:lol: :lol:

My missus was banging a pan with a wooden spoon at the side of the road and the passing cars were tooting their horns. Few weeks ago sheโ€™d have been taken away.
๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„
Good for her ๐Ÿ‘
People were setting off fireworks and some were tooting their car horns, round here.
It's great to see such fantastic support for our beleaguered NHS workers ๐Ÿ‘
Lets hope this government finally recognises their worth, and votes to give them a richly deserved pay rise, and a hefty bonus, when this crisis is finally at an end. ๐Ÿ™

๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„
Good for her ๐Ÿ‘
People were setting off fireworks and some were tooting their car horns, round here.
It's great to see such fantastic support for our beleaguered NHS workers ๐Ÿ‘
Lets hope this government finally recognises their worth, and votes to give them a richly deserved pay rise, and a hefty bonus, when this crisis is finally at an end. ๐Ÿ™
It is the Tories we are talking about here!!

It is the Tories we are talking about here!!
I know mate, and those who voted against awarding the NHS workers, a pay rise in 2017 iirc, really ought to hang their heads in shame.
However, in light of the tireless and selfless work during this crisis, and especially, given the fact that frontline staff have died, while trying to save the lives of Covid patients, I really think any MP's who refuse to support a pay rise for NHS workers, would be lynched by an angry public.
The public would also ensure the Tories would be voted out of power, at the next GE.

I know mate, and those who voted against awarding the NHS workers, a pay rise in 2017 iirc, really ought to hang their heads in shame.
However, in light of the tireless and selfless work during this crisis, and especially, given the fact that frontline staff have died, while trying to save the lives of Covid patients, I really think any MP's who refuse to support a pay rise for NHS workers, would be lynched by an angry public.
The public would also ensure the Tories would be voted out of power, at the next GE.
They have absolutely no shame, they managed to vote themselves a ยฃ10k pay rise today via expenses of course, so tax free, forgive me if I donโ€™t share your confidence, platitudes yes and lots of them but decent pay rise sadly no chance

Good evening Mr HC, hope you are keeping well. NHS staff can be paid from taxes on hedge fund profits being made at present!
They have absolutely no shame, they managed to vote themselves a ยฃ10k pay rise today via expenses of course, so tax free, forgive me if I donโ€™t share your confidence, platitudes yes and lots of them but decent pay rise sadly no chance
Pigs at a trough, I run an office for my biz at home and doubt if I have ยฃ10,000 expenses over 3 years including MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad. It is our money.

Last edited:

Back