👀 Tim Martin’s wallet.

Most pubs will be crowded before and after matches. I don't know what Saturday night in the town is like but Friday doesn't have the drinkers for the number of pubs. The cooper rose, the borough and the greens get crowded. Walking past victors to the greens on a Friday night there's nobody in. Staff standing outside the bars along there trying to attract passers by into them with drink offers.

It's not far off it.
That’s hard to believe for those of us over 50. Didn’t think twice waiting 30 mjns to get in the Boulevard or Idols in the late 80’s. In fact almost everywhere was packed. We would go down the Burton House or Paletine if you wanted a quiet drink. They were still busy though.

I'm in the one at Gatwick now - and only because the choices are so limited - big sign up saying how they support "local and microbreweries" - great, so what ales so they have on tap? Greene King IPA, Greene King Abbott and Doom Bar!

nee Punk ipa?

Aye, at ÂŁ6.80 a pint. Wouldn't call Punk an ale or from a microbrewery though! Spoons used to always offer some kind of regional selection but they seem to have got into bed with Green King in a big way lately.

Doom Bar at ÂŁ4.80 was the least offensive choice

Aye, at ÂŁ6.80 a pint. Wouldn't call Punk an ale or from a microbrewery though! Spoons used to always offer some kind of regional selection but they seem to have got into bed with Green King in a big way lately.

Doom Bar at ÂŁ4.80 was the least offensive choice
I paid ÂŁ2.80 for a can carling at Leeds Bradford last week :(

I'm in the one at Gatwick now - and only because the choices are so limited - big sign up saying how they support "local and microbreweries" - great, so what ales so they have on tap? Greene King IPA, Greene King Abbott and Doom Bar!
Wrong airport mate. Best in the world right here.

Back