🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England v Ireland ☘️ 3rd ODI - Bristol County Ground

a fair bit of talk on twitter/x saying Gloucestershire shouldn't be hosting internationla cricket, i didnt see the rain but even George Dobel said it was Embarrassing
5 of the last 6 ODIs there have been abandoned, sounds like the ground just doesn't cope with rain. Can't be playing internationals there if that's the case, as sad as that is for the people in the area.

I said on another thread that English cricket's efforts to cover the grounds effectively and quickly are shameful. It's 2023 and we can send a craft to get a sample from an asteroid, return it to Earth and predict that it is most likely, though not very, to hit Earth on September 24th 2182. However we can't seem to effectively cover a circular area of grass.

I spent 4 years there as a student. Fantastic city for drinking (and occasional study) but it's the first major city the rain hits when it comes up from the SW.

We met at uni in London and I would often spend a week over her family's house in the holidays. Always rained. Makes Manchester look dry.

Back