★★★ SAFC vs Man Utd Match Thread ★★★

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happened to Larsson's free kicks? It was miles wide. He hasn't scored one in ages has he?

(A free kick) I do know he scored last week.

Happy with a point, I just wish we showed more confidence in the second half, they were there for the taking today.

Ran out of energy in the second half. But still kept our shape and looked organised. cattemole is a superb player when he doesnt dive in…which he seems to have curbed (youch every piece of wood..)

Are you talking about today or last season?

In his brief cameo today, he looked pretty sharp and did ok.
I'm talking about his entire club career in the Premier League. I'm talking about a bloke who for some unknown reason has managed to convince certain folk that he can play football. I'm talking about Jozy Altidore.

good job from the lot, they got tired but did what they could... Fletcher worries me a bit
Worries me too. However was impressed with Wickham. Looks as though last season wasnt a flash in the pan. Get him signed and finally do the Borini deal..that might have to do

Not seen anyone else comment on it, and there wasn't much reaction in the ground, but I thought there was an absolutely stonewall penalty in the last minute or so of injury time - the ball into the box where a free kick got given against O'Shea. Looked like Rooney (I think) had two arms right around him.

I think it was a good performance, but maybe not a great time to play Man United. They're f***ing dreadful, and I think we were a bit in the mindset of a point against them being a very good result (not that I'm particularly disappointed myself). Their defence and midfield is shockingly mediocre.

thank god he didn't! :lol:

,,surely a good time to play them then?

Nah, they're going to be dreadful in a few weeks' time too. They're even worse than last season, if anything, and it's probably going to take a while for teams to see past playing Man United managed by Louis van Gaal and instead just see that they're playing a mostly rank average team with only a few very good players.

Nah, they're going to be dreadful in a few weeks' time too. They're even worse than last season, if anything, and it's probably going to take a while for teams to see past playing Man United managed by Louis van Gaal and instead just see that they're playing a mostly rank average team with only a few very good players.
Nah. They've bought two more excellent players and presumably will buy at least one more defender. I'm happy that we missed Di Maria and the other bloke's debuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back