★★★ SAFC vs Arsenal Match Thread ★★★

Status
Not open for further replies.

We made two bad mistakes... but apart from that we were every bit as good as Arsenal no question. I wish Fletch had been up front with Wickam though instead of Jozy... he fucked up everytime he touched the ball. and there would be a greater chance we would have got the equaliser (as they seem to play well together)

We are only a win away from 8th place.. so lets pick ourselfs up, drop Vito and Buckley and go again vs Palace.

Utterly deflating again. Will this be the season we will finally be relegated? Can't say it hasn't been coming

If so it is no less than the club deserve for its lack of direction and patchwork recruitment. Supporters cheated time and time again.

We will sit by without saying a dickie bird before the inevitable relegation though.

What's with all this 'one win on a Saturday for 12 months' shite, Sunderland fans twisting statistics to make things look worse..?!

Well that wa fun. To think - I could have gone to the dentist instead and had root canal treatment...

lmao. Scored goals? Please go show me how many more goals fletcher has score more than jozy in the last 2 seasons and with how much more playing time.
Fletcher has shown he can do it in this league. Altidore has looked bloody awful in all but 2 games. What the fuck do you see in him? Crap in the air, not fast, terrible control, cannot pass, cannot shoot, cannot find space. One of the worst top flight forwards I have seen play for us. And I've watched some utter dross in my time.

Fletcher has more goals *this season* than Altidore has had since he arrived (in the league). Give ower.

lmao. Scored goals? Please go show me how many more goals fletcher has score more than jozy in the last 2 seasons and with how much more playing time.
By the way, to answer your question, goals per minute, last season and this:
Fletcher a goal every 351 minutes (so one goal in 4 complete games).

Altidore a goal every 1,846 minutes (so once every 21 full games)

I think that debate is over.

Last edited:
Jesus !!!!.....Arsenal would not of scored if we had not given them goals, worse goals than last week, confidence will be at an alltime low, we need changes in defence, but only 4 fit defenders, poyet had all that time in the summer, another relegation battle, but did we expect anymore ?

I really enjoyed the first half hour. We looked like we'd put last week behind us, were working hard, put some good moves together and had a go at them. Arsenal were not that good and looked quite rattled at times. Then Wesley Brown made a ridiculous mistake, they scored and everyone's heads dropped. I was willing the half time whistle just to let it end. They picked up in the second half and I was willing an equaliser but another stupid mistake by Buckley led to another goal that put the point out of reach.

Fletch looked lost up front all by himself. He did try but he doesn't suit the lone striker role and plays better when he has someone to play off. He got a nasty kick in the back just before half time. Don't know if that was connected to the reason he went off? Our biggest threat going forward was PvA which is not what you expect from the left back! Much better performance from O'Shea and he seemed more focussed on the game. Buckley made some good runs down the wing, but the final ball into the box was often poor. He was also to blame for the second goal rather than Mannone. Rest of them were just average, went through the motions and didn't really do anything noteworthy.

Very concerned about Wes Brown. He looked quite nervous, seemed to be struggling keeping up with things and made several silly mistakes. Two very bad weeks in a row makes me think he should be dropped from the next match.

Vergini put in a solid shift and amused everyone with some nifty footwork at times. I'd give him man of the match for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back