★★★★ SAFC vs Luton Match Thread ★★★★

People who are condemning Maguire for that challenge either simply don't like him or have lost their dummy because we didn't win.
You simply can't tell what he did from the footage, if he did anything at all. It certainly doesn't look much. And the referee sent him off as an afterthought.
At the time I couldn’t understand it. Seen several replays and honestly can’t see what I’m supposed to be looking at. Referees are sucking the life out of me and I’m questioning the integrity of the game.

Because I think he knew exactly what he was doing sticking his boot in after the original foul
Hahaha

Why is it that even though Maguire has been cleared by a panel who have intensively studied the evidence, some of which we may not have seen, some people still think that not only was it still a red, even worse he deliberately set out to injure their player?!

Let it go, ffs. It’s alright to say ‘I was wrong’! Go on, try it. Stop slagging the lad off, ffs.
Mags will argue you blind

Why is it that even though Maguire has been cleared by a panel who have intensively studied the evidence, some of which we may not have seen, some people still think that not only was it still a red, even worse he deliberately set out to injure their player?!

Let it go, ffs. It’s alright to say ‘I was wrong’! Go on, try it. Stop slagging the lad off, ffs.

Not that I'm one of those people, but they don't need to change their own mind just because a decision has been reversed.

That’s the key point once it been studied after watching countless replays it must be right, that’s the point mistakes can be made in real time, but if he has been cleared after replays of course he has done nothing wrong.

This. I didn't comment one way or the other because I didn't get a great view at the match and haven't seen it since but if it's been overturned then we must have been able to prove beyond any doubt that he didn't set out to injure the player and that it was accidental. Generally speaking they don't like overturning decisions, if it's a tight call they'll go with the referee's decision to avoid undermining him, they'll only overturn it when it's pretty clear that it was a bad error from the ref. Let's just support the lad, and continue to fume that the arsehole ref robbed us of a few more minutes with a man advantage when level in a big game

Back