★★★★ SAFC vs Luton Match Thread ★★★★

We have a bunch of cast offs & misfits and we're missing Maja, Cattermole, Honeyman, etc.

We're not very good but we're giving it a go.

People need to realise that the name 'Sunderland' means absolutely fuck all.

Just support what we have and keep your fingers crossed.

Ross wants to bring players in because he knows we're not very good, deal with it.
I would not be quite so harsh about those we’ve got in but I agree with the general assessment. It makes me wonder why such players were easily bought. And it wouldn’t be because of the name Sunderland!

From where we were in the summer, we've done well - not brilliantly, but 'well'.

Of course our expectation levels have now risen, and so some are mumbling and complaining, but it only needs one or two additions now - and Maja to stay - to give us a good chance of guaranteeing promotion. Maja is key, though, otherwise we need another genuine goal scorer, because Wyke just doesn't look up to it.

And - our keeper earned us the point today. What an excellent signing. We would have been nowhere near relegation last year if he'd been in goal.

From where we were in the summer, we've done well - not brilliantly, but 'well
Well we were mooted to be top two. Now we third and as you say we’ve done well. Unfortunately others have shown they are in with more of a ‘loud yell ‘ than a mere shout at the top two.

If we won 5 of them and lost 5 we'd have got 15 points.

Draws against Oxford, Fleetwood, Wycombe and Shrewsbury could caused us come the end of the season. That's effectively 8 points dropped at home from 4 winnable games.

But we won 0 of them. The next best thing is to draw them.
Compare us to Luton and ignore the game in hand. They've drawn 2 less than us, games that they lost.

We need a couple of players but we are doing okay.

Very very frustrating, still a point behind and a game in hand and Portsmouth lost, also play Luton in a few weeks, it's not all bad, it's in our own hands!

People who are condemning Maguire for that challenge either simply don't like him or have lost their dummy because we didn't win.
You simply can't tell what he did from the footage, if he did anything at all. It certainly doesn't look much. And the referee sent him off as an afterthought.

People who are condemning Maguire for that challenge either simply don't like him or have lost their dummy because we didn't win.
You simply can't tell what he did from the footage, if he did anything at all. It certainly doesn't look much. And the referee sent him off as an afterthought.

I agree the footage of what he did is inconclusive. However, the speed with which he left the scene was incriminating. Since when has he run away from a fracas. I think he knew he was in the wrong.

I agree the footage of what he did is inconclusive. However, the speed with which he left the scene was incriminating. Since when has he run away from a fracas. I think he knew he was in the wrong.

Got to say, it was the one thing that made me think he might be guilty. But you can't give a red card on that basis.

Back