★★★★ SAFC vs Luton Match Thread ★★★★

tactic in second half was to grind out a 1-0. we were running the clock down from the start of the half and had Gooch and McGeady tasked with stopping their full backs rather than getting up the pitch.

With the benefit of hindsight we might have been better to push on.

We can’t afford to stay in L1. Promotion this year is paramount. I think we must push boat out this window to make damned sure we achieve it! My thought is that it will be easier to attract genuine talent capable of helping further promotion once we are in the Championship. Success breeds success. Not asking for unreasonable expenditure but that little bit extra to gain top two.

We're higher than i imagined we'd be at this stage. :)

We're well shy of championship standard which is a worry for me. Im not fully convinced promotion would be in our best interests long term. Lose a few games early on, or even struggle around mid table, and we'd end up back in "Sack everyone" mode. :)
The last thing we need is another ride on the job merry go round. We’ve made steady progress since the shambles of last season. I thought we might be wallowing in the lower reaches by now so I’m happy with where we are right now.

Looking at the positives, as I prefer to, this was one point gained on Portsmouth. And still only one behind Luton with a game in hand.
Haway

We also need to look behind us mate, dont rule out Barnsley or Charlton from getting into the top 2. Going to be a tight league finish this one IMO.

Back