€13m Sunderland bid for Sow rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sow 29
Graham 30
Defoe 33
Fletcher 28

Sow for 10m-15m? That would be a panic buy and proof that we don't have a long term plan or more targets indentified. I'm pretty sure we won't pay that for him.

But Fletcher and Graham are of no real use. We lose them and the wages at the end of the season.

If Sow costs that and he's the one that scores goals and helps have us a good season, he'll repay it with the windfall we get through being up next season and league placings.

You can plan for as long a term as you like, but we need players here and now. Momentum can play a massive part. It might be easy to identify a class forward with age on his side, but he might cost another £10m or take two years to develop till he's ready.

I would rather we didn't sound all out money on an ageing forward when we need another 2 on top of this.
With DA clearly favouring 433 then there is no way we need another 2 as we could not keep 4 strikers content with just one central role up for grabs nor could we afford the wages. I think a good quality striker will replace Wickham and one of Fletch or DG will go.

With DA clearly favouring 433 then there is no way we need another 2 as we could not keep 4 strikers content with just one central role up for grabs nor could we afford the wages. I think a good quality striker will replace Wickham and one of Fletch or DG will go.
Depends. If you can get two of a similar type to Sow they can all occupy any of the three positions

I think people bang on about age too much, but we need someone a bit younger, got to think of the club slightly here

We need this type of player, big and quick

Barmy money for a 30 year-old who has been plying his trade in Turkey

He's a good player from what I've seen of him, but I'd crack up if we paid €17 million for a 30 year old like.

I think people bang on about age too much, but we need someone a bit younger, got to think of the club slightly here

We need this type of player, big and quick

We already for Jermaine Defore who's 33 pushing 34, Graham is near 30 too.

We need a striker like Austin, young enough and plenty of years left in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back